It is currently 09 Apr 2020, 20:20

RIB launch and fishing Stannah

Discussion board for any boating related items from Boat maintenance to fishing techniques for anglers afloat.

RIB launch and fishing Stannah

Postby Oldschool2 » 21 Mar 2015, 17:05

I went for a bit of a trial run today. Wanted to see how my little RIB would handle tidal water and also practice dropping anchor and using the fish finder. Before going out into the main estuary I pottered about in the creek to get used to the fish Finder and general boat handling. Eventually ventured out and had a blast about before setting anchor nearer to the opposite bank from Stannah, all went well. I chucked a rod out with fresh lug on for 20 mins but no bites, only a trial after all. Upped anchor and headed back to the slip at Stannah. Hope to get out at 5 bar when the weather is right.

Has anyone tried boat fishing within the Wrye eastury? What species can you catch besides flounder?
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
Almost an Addict

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Re: RIB launch and fishing Stannah

Postby sawman » 23 Mar 2015, 12:19

:cheer: well done on getting your little rib in the sea. they cope ok even with a small outboard on. I have a small avon with a 5 hp 4 stroke don't get out as much as i would like. last time was oct last year had 30 dogs and 18codling and a bullhuss hope to get out more this year :boat: or kayak fishing
Hardcore Addict

Return to Boat Fishing Information