It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 10:03

Red blush

Forum for plugging and spinning discussion. Using poppers, plugs, spinners and shads to catch Bass Pollack Cod and all other saltwater predators.

Red blush

Postby abbo » 17 Jul 2017, 20:41

On Saturday I went to Chester races with boys from work and annual outing. On Sunday, I had the hangover of all hangovers. The chaps I went with - well, they drink beer and gin like a bunch of gorillas guzzling milk.
The day was brilliant, as an added bonus - I won 120 quid.

Sunday, I lolled around most of the day until I could stand it no more. I managed to get myself together pack my kit and off out. Fresh air to blow the cob webs away.

I started as I do most sessions trying to master the art of delivering soft plastic in such a way as to  tempt a bass - any size bass will do.  I promised myself I would use a Dolive for the first hour of low water.

It was very pleasant weather wise. 4 mph westerly winds and a very nice red sunset. On my way down to the mark I saw a young couple all loved up on the top of hill admiring the red blush - in between nuzzling each other, arg young lovers.

After 30 minutes - I amazingly land two small bass to the Wagasaki Dolive. However, I fished this sp to get a monkey off my back. If I'm honest sp's bore me. However, I can pat myself on the back as I did have the presence of mind run it around a protruding rock - this, little silver assassin ambushed it.

The tide was flooding  I was getting backed up to a group of rocks watching my back behind me.
I put on an little used of late, IMA born,  - which was smashed by a nice lump of 62cm.

I followed this up with a 42 and 50cm  and several other small basslets. 

I also failed on a few hooks up with the bay ruf  red mullet- that's four in a row since I changed to hooks to the baby patch hooks. A rethink is in order.

What season this is - just loving it. Long may it continue.

Cheers all.
Hardcore Addict

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Re: Red blush

Postby Shane ousby » 17 Jul 2017, 21:39

Top stuff abbo ......we'll done on your silvers :clap: :clap: :thumb:
Tommorow is promised to no one...we plan...GOD laughs.
Hardcore Addict

Re: Red blush

Postby sharpey » 19 Jul 2017, 09:08

Nice result, well done. Good read with good pics too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
There's more to fishing than catching fish...
sandside assassin

Return to Saltwater Lure fishing - Spinning and Plugging