It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 06:12

Quick start to the season

Forum for plugging and spinning discussion. Using poppers, plugs, spinners and shads to catch Bass Pollack Cod and all other saltwater predators.

Quick start to the season

Postby abbo » 24 Apr 2016, 15:00

I don't normally fish during April. I don't like to blow my self out and I don't like the cold.

However, on hearing the water temperatures were 9.7C I decided to give it a go. The tides and weather were ok for the mark I had chosen.

I waded into the water. It was much colder than I had expected in addition to this, a cool North Easterly breeze was chilling my neck. I did intend to use soft plastics for the whole session but, after ten minutes I got bored again and changed to my favourite type of lures (hard plastics).

The clear cold sky was illuminated with a big bright moon and twinkling stars.The moon was shining on a third of the casting area but, on a positive note, it helped with my night vision. I used a Komomo11 Joker Flashing plate as I have done in the past in these types of conditions. My thinking was that, the flashing plate and the moons bright beam might be enough to antagonise a bass into an attack. I was only 20 minutes into the new season when casting into the moonlit water I landed this 50 cm specimen. I had small Pollock later on.

Cold and wet, but, happy with this, I left for another unrewarding venue with hope in my heart that, this season, might not as bad as we have all feared.

Cheers all,
Abbo.
Hardcore Addict

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Re: Quick start to the season

Postby grandadruss » 24 Apr 2016, 15:29

Great read Abbo :thumb:
Fishing at night :shock:
Whatever next :lmao:
Nice silver and a great pic of it and well worth the effort mate :gp:
Species hunt 2016 Saltwater -
Species hunt 2016 Freshwater-Perch-Roach-Bream-Common Carp-Tench-Rudd-Gudgeon
King of Rossall

Postby Shane ousby » 12 Jun 2016, 14:54

A top read abbo,and of course interesting information wich then leads us to the end subject ...the prize ..the bass :fish: great stuff thanks for posting :thumb: :thumb:
Tommorow is promised to no one...we plan...GOD laughs.
Hardcore Addict

Postby ray » 12 Jun 2016, 21:11

good read and a nice fish to go with it, well done fella. :thumb:
2023 species hunt.....Rockling, Dab, flounder, whiting, shanny.
Hardcore Addict

Return to Saltwater Lure fishing - Spinning and Plugging