It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 10:19

Q...JUST FOR FUN....what and when did you start fishing????

You can talk about any topic here.
*WARNING* some threads may contain discussion only suitable for adults.
Please bear in mind our viewers come from diverse backgrounds. Any racist comments will be met with a zero tolerance policy.

Re: Q...JUST FOR FUN....what and when did you start fishing?

Postby shacky » 03 Apr 2019, 20:52

How’s about this picture. Blackpool & Layton Angling Society, then known as Blackpool Angling Society. Filling the jetty in 1956. With the North Pier Open.
Anyone you know ? In the picture.
Attachments
6FDC7313-759E-44FC-A836-C15C001CFF61.jpeg
<º))))><
Global Moderator

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Re: Q...JUST FOR FUN....what and when did you start fishing?

Postby robo » 03 Apr 2019, 21:11

I started 61 years ago give or take a month, bit of garden cane bent pin for a hook sewing twine tied to the top of the cane straight through to the hook and a match stick for a float ,I live in st.helens the home of glass in the 50s my grandma dragged me to town to buy me a summer present (it's a long story ) the inn rods at the time was tank ariels which you whipped your own rings on I did not know at the time but it was one of the many second hand shops selling them ,anyway we finished up in one of our three angling shops looking for a tank ariel the guy behind the counter said he had just got these new fibre glass rods in he had not as yet sold one my grandma bought me one for five Bob now 25 pence it was five feet long solid glass the first seen in our town and we made glass , I got a reel for half a dollar but no line I had to pinch my mams twine for that , every time I went fishing I was delayed by kids wanting to see it ,it would take me an hour to do a ten minute walk, I still have the glass in the loft but the wooden butt is long gone
Hardcore Addict

Previous

Return to Banter Boardroom