It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 08:06

Project boat

Discussion board for any boating related items from Boat maintenance to fishing techniques for anglers afloat.

Project boat

Postby TerryG » 07 Apr 2011, 21:55

A trip down to Phwellhi in N.Wales secured a very cheap (cheers Eddie & co!) Taskforce 17 and trailer and after an eventful journey home with a sticking trailer brake, the long job of making her seaworthy begins.......

First thing to check is that spongy floor, the similar Dell Quay Dorys are notorious for sodden foam filled underfloor, and so it proved with the Taskforce.......

Lots of sodden wood and foam.........

Time for a rip out.....

Many hands make light work....Paul loves this sort of stuff!!

About 90mins later........

A bit more tidying up and cutting out to do and some more prepping then she'll be ready for a new floor......another good thing is we could see the hull is in great shape, no cracks or holes ??? the trailer's in good shape too, just needs some cosmetic work and should be good for a few more years yet. :thumb:
Terry 9T's

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Re: Project boat

Postby Padsta Tel » 13 Apr 2011, 12:53

nice pics of you and your girlfriend where; s Rushy i wish you three would get a hotel anyway good look with the restoration you will have a nice boat when finished lol dad :speed: :speed: :speed: :speed: :speed: :speed:
15lb Salmon Bolton Market
A box of kippers <Lsle of Man>
Acouple of Mackeral Asda
Cod at our local chippy
Fisherman from hell

Postby Rushy » 13 Apr 2011, 21:52

Padsta Tel wrote:nice pics of you and your girlfriend where; s Rushy i wish you three would get a hotel anyway good look with the restoration you will have a nice boat when finished lol dad :speed: :speed: :speed: :speed: :speed: :speed:

I was taking the pictures you prune! :doh: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Make a difference - take home one piece of someone's angling litter next time you are out fishing
Political Activist

Postby lee » 16 Apr 2011, 12:31

Any further on lads?

I love these kind of threads
Hardcore Addict

Return to Boat Fishing Information