It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 14:26

Hitting My Childhood Bonefish "Oio" Flats!

Forum for All reports and information for fishing outside of the UK. Fishing holidays and overseas angling trips.

Hitting My Childhood Bonefish "Oio" Flats!

Postby Scuba Chris » 07 Sep 2020, 21:39

The Young Jacks Made it Hard to Keep a Baited Line in The Water - Had to Walk my Lines Out!

I shot this earlier in the year when my dad was still with us. I found this spot in my teens a few miles away from where i grew-up. I'd swim out to the outer reef to dive for fish. I ended up at Straub Hospital because i came in from a dive here and was standing in the water a few feet from shore when a large conger eel grabbed my foot through my fins & tore-up my big toe. That eel followed me in from the drop-off for my fish.

This day was the first time back since my teens. The remains of the pier has fully disintegrated. I speared & hooked many Jacks "papio" here. Fought some decent Bonefish "Oio" as well. It was nice to be back after 40yrs! I looked inside my older Yi Action Camera & found this footage so i just put it together. So i'm dedicating this video to my father Wallace Takahashi. May you Rest In Peace dad.

Fishing Rigs Used-
2- 12ft Okuma Nesika Rods (NSK-S-1202MH)
2- Okuma Blue Azores 4K Spinning Reels (Z-4000H-BLUE)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5Dmu9bne5s
Attachments
Cover1.png
Hardcore Addict

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Return to International Fishing Forum