It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 15:55

Venteux Gynn ...<º))))><

Northwest Sea fishing forum - Shore fishing catch reports for Lancashire, Cumbria, Blackpool, Fleetwood, Morecambe, Liverpool and Mersey, Cumbria & the Isle of man.

Venteux Gynn ...<º))))><

Postby shacky » 24 Mar 2019, 19:48

Not being able to fish for over a month due to storms and windy weather, i was chomping at the bit to get a few hours in. Bait had been ordered and yesterday i walked out of the tackle shop armed with all sorts of fish tempting goodies.
Got up this morning, straight on the Met Office web side for the wind speeds. They were up and i was deflated, never the less i was going fishing. Hopefully some of the gang would turn up.....
.....driving down the ramp onto the Gynn, all i could see was white waves and a shoreline coated with Weed, Trees, branches and plastic waste amongst other items :( I could feel my mojo sapping away.
Down past the pool i was met by Bagger, Millsy and Paul a little further on..

Looking out to sea, i just knew we were going to get a soaking..

Jagbob arrived and this gave us a full compliment, though he was risking it fishing in the boating pool corner..

The sea worked its way in around the sandbank..

I couldn't cast in due to the amount of flotsam. Nearly an hour later we got a break in the weed and i sent a three hooker just over the wall. A pulley pennel was cast out towards the bank.
I gave up with the pennel after an hour, too much weed. The soakings began..

Then! a glimmer of hope..

Millsy and Jagbob both got a soaking and lasted until high, then headed for home..

At high tide, still a crazy sea..

The tide was now ebbing and the walls of water got higher..

The Turnstones cuddled up by the fence..

Time to go..

An awful day and this wind is not really letting up. A couple of us caught, lets see what next weekend brings..Fingers Crossed.
<º))))><
Global Moderator

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Re: Venteux Gynn ...<º))))><

Postby Paul R » 24 Mar 2019, 20:18

tough old day iain,we need better weather conditions.
Hardcore Addict

Postby TurboT » 24 Mar 2019, 20:46

They breed them tough up North. :box: 10 to 10 for grit and salt water resilience. :clap: :clap: :clap:
I went up to the sea cadets , breathed the sea air, and ran for home. :sos: :gp: nae brave post!
2023 Species Hunt - Coaley, Dab, Dog, Rockling, Ting, Thornback, Bass, Flounder, Sole, Pollack, Mackerel, Shanny, Tompot ,Gurnard, Sprat, Weever, Eel, Plaice, Turbo T.
Hardcore Addict

Postby Loz21 » 24 Mar 2019, 21:24

We were down yesterday me geoff Rowe and Tony Baxter it's a long time since I've seen the sea that full of crap but we all caught so not to bad roll on the better weather
Trainee Addict

Postby rob f » 24 Mar 2019, 21:31

Good effort guys :thumb:
2023 SPECIES HUNT
Dab, Whiting, 5 bearded rockling, Flounder, Thornback ray, Shanny, Silver eel, Doggie, Tub Gurnard, Coley, Pollock, Starry Smooth-hound, Plaice, Weever, Tope. Mackerel. Turbot. Dover sole.
mersey maestro

Postby Terrybrown » 24 Mar 2019, 22:12

Unlucky with the weather Iain but no blank for you :thumb: you have my respect for trying in awful conditions. :clap:
Hardcore Addict

Postby JoeRoberts » 24 Mar 2019, 22:36

Tough going but no blank, well done Shacky :thumb: gonna give it a go tomorrow, them winds don't seem to be as strong as today hopefully ???
Hardcore Addict

Postby Sir Humphrey Rtd » 25 Mar 2019, 01:10

Thought it was bad going yesterday with the various bits of flotsam, well done on sticking it out
Hardcore Addict

Postby Willpower » 25 Mar 2019, 08:01

Well at least your kit was up to the job in those 'sporty' conditions Iain, and a 'salty' car wash free!
Hardcore Addict

Postby Liam06 » 25 Mar 2019, 11:15

Well done shacky On getting out braving the elements and not a blank :thumb:
2019 species hunt..... whiting, rockling 5 beard, dab, cod, dogfish, plaice, bass
Hardcore Addict

Next

Return to North West Sea Fishing Reports