It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 07:15

Penrhyn Bay

Northwales - All shore sea fishing catch reports from North Wales covering Anglesey, Conwy, Denbighshire, Flintshire, Gwynedd and Wrexham.

Penrhyn Bay

Postby pros » 03 Sep 2016, 15:25

Just back from a session at Penrhyn Bay near Llandudno.

I fished 2 up 1 down and had blow lug (dug last night) and some of Asda's finest squid rings.

I was fishing a rocky mark so rotten bottom rigs with 1/0 and 2 hook pennel. Although they were blow lug they were a good size so the pennel helped presentation. The weather was constantly persisting down so I had the beach shelter up, the best bit of kit I ever bought.

I had 2 doggies after about an hour then no more bites.

The other feature of the morning was small mackerel harrying whitebait many of which got stranded on the beach. When I spotted one slightly larger than the others I used it as hook bait and duly caught a 4 inch mackerel. This looked promising as I thought I could work my way up the food chain. The macky was mounted on a 4/0 pennel and cast out, left 20 minutes and wound in. Bait gone, never saw a bite.

There were plenty being caught on feathers but all were tiny.

I had seen these fish the morning before while walking the dogs so had also gone armed with the lure rod but in spite of fishing in the centre of the feeding frenzy with a surface lure, I could not induce a take.

An interesting session, sorry no pics but I am still working on that topic.

Thanks for reading.
Hardcore Addict

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Re: Penrhyn Bay

Postby sharpey » 03 Sep 2016, 16:33

Good try mate, no blank and a bit of experimenting..?? Shame about the weather, chucked it down all day here.... Thanks for the read..!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
There's more to fishing than catching fish...
sandside assassin

Postby Shane ousby » 03 Sep 2016, 16:50

At least you had a bash pros all credit to you :clap: :clap: we'll done mate :thumb:
Tommorow is promised to no one...we plan...GOD laughs.
Hardcore Addict

Postby billbob » 03 Sep 2016, 18:08

Well done mate. North Wales seems the place to go at the moment.
2022 Species, Flounder, Plaice, Dab,
Hardcore Addict

Postby rob f » 03 Sep 2016, 20:05

good effort pros :thumb: at lease you managed to catch . shame about the weather tho :banghead:
2023 SPECIES HUNT
Dab, Whiting, 5 bearded rockling, Flounder, Thornback ray, Shanny, Silver eel, Doggie, Tub Gurnard, Coley, Pollock, Starry Smooth-hound, Plaice, Weever, Tope. Mackerel. Turbot. Dover sole.
mersey maestro

Postby pros » 03 Sep 2016, 20:41

Thanks guys.

You know what the locals here say "if you can't see the mountains it's raining: if you can see the mountains it's going to rain."
Hardcore Addict

Return to North Wales Sea Fishing Reports