It is currently 03 Jun 2020, 00:44



penn squadron or rampage ????

You can talk about any topic here.
*WARNING* some threads may contain discussion only suitable for adults.
Please bear in mind our viewers come from diverse backgrounds. Any racist comments will be met with a zero tolerance policy.

penn squadron or rampage ????

Postby rugbydanny99 » 23 May 2020, 06:14

alright lads,

i bought the sonik sks black 13ft from gerrys in january and i can’t fault the sales but i just hate the rod it feels like a broomstick and i find myself reaching for my old shakespeare rather than the sonik for dependability when i go out to wet a line, i’m looking to change over as i also bought 2 penn surfblasters from gerry too and i was thinking that the penn squadron looks a good companion for the reels but don’t want to make the same mistake as i did and impulse bought the sonik,

and as all the shops are closed and i can’t get into gerrys to try one out i am looking for any advice/guidance

i basically am after which rods to buy squadron surf 14ft or the rampage 2 surf??

help please

cheers in advance lads for any input

Dan
2020 SPECIES HUNT
whiting, cod, dab, thornback ray, 5 beard rockling, dogfish, starry smooth hound, tope, poor cod, flounder, goby, butterfish, pouting, black bream
Hardcore Addict
 
Posts: 449
Joined: 30 Mar 2019, 19:55

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert
 

Re: penn squadron or rampage ????

Postby Willpower » 23 May 2020, 06:33

Hi Danny, I'd be tempted to hold off until the tackle shops open and you can get one in your hands.
Hardcore Addict
User avatar

 
Posts: 1252
Joined: 01 Jun 2014, 06:34
Location: St. Annes on the Sea

Re: penn squadron or rampage ????

Postby Paul R » 23 May 2020, 08:05

Like Mike says Danny, best wait for the shops open,I moved onto continental rods 3 years ago bought a yuki q7 after seeing the distance iain was casting with his,also 12 months ago invested in 2 BlackRock foozas have these with 7000 surfblaster reels.
Hardcore Addict
User avatar

 
Posts: 736
Joined: 01 Sep 2018, 21:51

Re: penn squadron or rampage ????

Postby rugbydanny99 » 23 May 2020, 10:03

Paul R wrote:Like Mike says Danny, best wait for the shops open,I moved onto continental rods 3 years ago bought a yuki q7 after seeing the distance iain was casting with his,also 12 months ago invested in 2 BlackRock foozas have these with 7000 surfblaster reels.


thanks paul, the Q7 is the other rods i was looking at, i can whack a lead out but when i tried one of the lads Q7 it certainly swings a lead some distance
2020 SPECIES HUNT
whiting, cod, dab, thornback ray, 5 beard rockling, dogfish, starry smooth hound, tope, poor cod, flounder, goby, butterfish, pouting, black bream
Hardcore Addict
 
Posts: 449
Joined: 30 Mar 2019, 19:55

Re: penn squadron or rampage ????

Postby rugbydanny99 » 23 May 2020, 10:04

Willpower wrote:Hi Danny, I'd be tempted to hold off until the tackle shops open and you can get one in your hands.



you are 100 percent right mike....... but i want it now :cry: :cry:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
2020 SPECIES HUNT
whiting, cod, dab, thornback ray, 5 beard rockling, dogfish, starry smooth hound, tope, poor cod, flounder, goby, butterfish, pouting, black bream
Hardcore Addict
 
Posts: 449
Joined: 30 Mar 2019, 19:55

Re: penn squadron or rampage ????

Postby Willpower » 23 May 2020, 12:49

Well I can recommend the Blackrod Fooza and the cheaper Blackrod Renaissance after seeing Shacky shift weights a fair distance with them.
Hardcore Addict
User avatar

 
Posts: 1252
Joined: 01 Jun 2014, 06:34
Location: St. Annes on the Sea

Re: penn squadron or rampage ????

Postby rugbydanny99 » 23 May 2020, 13:00

Willpower wrote:Well I can recommend the Blackrod Fooza and the cheaper Blackrod Renaissance after seeing Shacky shift weights a fair distance with them.


thanks again for the advice mike i shall look into them, much appreciated mate
2020 SPECIES HUNT
whiting, cod, dab, thornback ray, 5 beard rockling, dogfish, starry smooth hound, tope, poor cod, flounder, goby, butterfish, pouting, black bream
Hardcore Addict
 
Posts: 449
Joined: 30 Mar 2019, 19:55

Re: penn squadron or rampage ????

Postby jonhil14 » 23 May 2020, 13:07

danny I have the rampage 11 in both the 14ft and 16ft versions - if you want to have a try give us a shout and see if we can meet- you on fixed spool or multi-- as these work well with both
Trainee Addict
 
Posts: 24
Joined: 06 Jun 2019, 18:06

Re: penn squadron or rampage ????

Postby rugbydanny99 » 24 May 2020, 06:29

jonhil14 wrote:danny I have the rampage 11 in both the 14ft and 16ft versions - if you want to have a try give us a shout and see if we can meet- you on fixed spool or multi-- as these work well with both



that would be great that john

if you fancy getting out this week i was thinking a sesh on formby for the bass or mariners? if not let me know when is convenient for you and i’ll meet you

cheers mate
2020 SPECIES HUNT
whiting, cod, dab, thornback ray, 5 beard rockling, dogfish, starry smooth hound, tope, poor cod, flounder, goby, butterfish, pouting, black bream
Hardcore Addict
 
Posts: 449
Joined: 30 Mar 2019, 19:55

Re: penn squadron or rampage ????

Postby rugbydanny99 » 24 May 2020, 06:30

rugbydanny99 wrote:
jonhil14 wrote:danny I have the rampage 11 in both the 14ft and 16ft versions - if you want to have a try give us a shout and see if we can meet- you on fixed spool or multi-- as these work well with both



that would be great that john

if you fancy getting out this week i was thinking a sesh on formby for the bass which isn’t far from yours or mariners? if not let me know when is convenient for you and i’ll meet you

cheers mate
2020 SPECIES HUNT
whiting, cod, dab, thornback ray, 5 beard rockling, dogfish, starry smooth hound, tope, poor cod, flounder, goby, butterfish, pouting, black bream
Hardcore Addict
 
Posts: 449
Joined: 30 Mar 2019, 19:55

Next

Return to Banter Boardroom



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest