It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 22:06

penn squadron or rampage ????

You can talk about any topic here.
*WARNING* some threads may contain discussion only suitable for adults.
Please bear in mind our viewers come from diverse backgrounds. Any racist comments will be met with a zero tolerance policy.

Re: penn squadron or rampage ????

Postby rugbydanny99 » 24 May 2020, 06:33

but if it’s after this coming week you may have to give me a few days notice as i’m going to have to go back to work :cry:

those kitchens, lights and socket outlets ain’t gonna fit themselves and i think my kids have got used to eating so need the money!
2020 SPECIES HUNT
whiting, cod, dab, thornback ray, 5 beard rockling, dogfish, starry smooth hound, tope, poor cod, flounder, goby, butterfish, pouting, black bream, bass, plaice, common smooth hound, pollock, conger eel.
Hardcore Addict

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Postby joiner8212 » 26 May 2020, 11:50

I would think twice about buying either the squadron or the rampage without trying them like your black sonic they are entry level rods.After saying that I do own a penn power stik/rampage 13ft/and a rampage 11 13ft these are used mainly in the estuary for clean ground lighter fishing not sure how they would manage on the Mersey with stronger runs and lifting up a wall.
Hardcore Addict

Postby rugbydanny99 » 31 May 2020, 07:21

forget the squadron or the rampage!

i met shacky at the wall yesterday and had a play with the foosa from black rock

all i can say is what a rod,

must of gained 40yds on my cast it had a super sensitive tip fantastic looking i’m sold,

i’m getting one

had a play with the yuki too, also a great rod and well worth having in your rod arsenal

i can’t find the foosa online anywhere though!!! ebay has one for £250 but there a £170 rod so not paying that does anyone know where i can get one apart from BAC as i’m not back up them ways for a while so need it delivering

also if your reading this iain does the rod come with that fancy rod case as standard or is that a separate buy?

cheers for all your comments lads very much appreciated
2020 SPECIES HUNT
whiting, cod, dab, thornback ray, 5 beard rockling, dogfish, starry smooth hound, tope, poor cod, flounder, goby, butterfish, pouting, black bream, bass, plaice, common smooth hound, pollock, conger eel.
Hardcore Addict

Postby rugbydanny99 » 31 May 2020, 07:24

also as i live on the mersey as my main fishing home the tidal pull is brutal so i will be using mostly 6oz splashdown leads with quite large baits, paul/iain do you think the foosa will live upto the task as on the wall there is very little pull so i can see why it’s ideal for that venue

cheers in advance

Dan
2020 SPECIES HUNT
Hardcore Addict

Postby shacky » 31 May 2020, 09:05

Have a read of the link below Danny and you do get the rod bag also..

blackrock-foosa-zz-4200-t21750.html

For heavy work on the Mersey with big tides, lots of weed etc. I would be inclined to get the Zziplex we talked about.
The Foosa will suit you just fine for most other situations.
Your decision or get one of each :thumb:
<º))))><
Global Moderator

Postby rugbydanny99 » 31 May 2020, 09:09

thanks for that ian

i am still 100 percent getting the fooza until i can play with the zzippy when ian gets his

just emailed the seller of this seeing when he’s getting more in
Attachments
E57F2320-A4C7-47BD-A795-EADC8B0B1073.png
2020 SPECIES HUNT
Hardcore Addict

Previous

Return to Banter Boardroom