It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 16:45

Penn Spinfisher review

Spotted something new on the market?? Want advice on which rod or reel?? Post in here.

Penn Spinfisher review

Postby JohnSLocker » 25 Apr 2019, 07:53

Now then lads, if any of you are like me I don’t like to read the manufacturers descriptions of a product. I ask people who own it and use it. Pros and cons. Well here is my review of my Penn Spinfisher 7500 LC.
Hardcore Addict

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Re: Penn Spinfisher review

Postby Shane ousby » 27 Apr 2019, 16:51

Thx for your review John :thumb: just had one of these reels bought for me by my daughter spinfisher 9500 claims its sealed unit to stop sea water entering the reels working parts ....but its bleedin heavy as you pointed out ....it just seems to big for the rod it was sold with ((( penn rampage 2 bass ))) by the shop guy .and I could be totally wrong in my thinkin...it just feels to big for the rod feels like it needs to be paired up with a bigger rod in my mind... ??? ??? :victory:
Tommorow is promised to no one...we plan...GOD laughs.
Hardcore Addict

Postby JohnSLocker » 28 Apr 2019, 04:19

Shane ousby wrote:Thx for your review John :thumb: just had one of these reels bought for me by my daughter spinfisher 9500 claims its sealed unit to stop sea water entering the reels working parts ....but its bleedin heavy as you pointed out ....it just seems to big for the rod it was sold with ((( penn rampage 2 bass ))) by the shop guy .and I could be totally wrong in my thinkin...it just feels to big for the rod feels like it needs to be paired up with a bigger rod in my mind... ??? ??? :victory:

The 9500? I’m not surprised. I bet it’s HUGE!! Mines the 7500 and that’s a big reel. I can’t tell without having it in my hands but it that’s how it feels they you’re probably right. Take the reel in to some shops and try it on other rods. I fish my 7500 on a 13ft Catana or a 20lb boat rod and it feels ok.
Hardcore Addict

Postby Shane ousby » 28 Apr 2019, 10:22

:thumb: :thumb:
ED824C0F-C1C1-4730-A1B0-7BD3EEDD5BB6.jpeg
a visit to the man in the shop :victory:
Hardcore Addict

Postby JohnSLocker » 02 May 2019, 19:53

Shane ousby wrote::thumb: :thumb:
ED824C0F-C1C1-4730-A1B0-7BD3EEDD5BB6.jpeg
a visit to the man in the shop :victory:

What was the outcome mate?
Hardcore Addict

Postby Shane ousby » 02 May 2019, 20:40

Sold it John to my brother in law in Plymouth,he’s going skate fishing up Scotland this year said it will do for him hope he’s right.. so it’s got a new owner from August ...I kept the rod :thumb: now to dodge the daughter :lmao: :lmao:
Hardcore Addict

Postby Weebarra » 02 May 2019, 22:09

:clap: Top review John. It’s a cracking all rounder, and many thanks, to yourself and The Ribble Flounder King, for your insights .

In my view Penn, without a doubt, have stood the test of time. I’ve got senator, models, Delmars, and in my view they are poetry in motion, still after all this time.

At the time about 20 years ago when they came out the 965,975, star and LD models for general uptiding, light down tiding, and trolling in Villa Real, with my old mate PaulD (RIP) I caught loads of UK fish, and in Portugal, skip jack, different breams and the boss fish, Corvina, a type of Portuguese Cod type fish off large size.

Brilliant write up, and in my view, you buy Penn, and the reels, rods, are the Rolls Royces, they do last a life time. Their rods, also top quality.

Tight Lines! :clap: :champ:
Hardcore Addict

Postby JohnSLocker » 30 May 2019, 14:43

Shane ousby wrote:Sold it John to my brother in law in Plymouth,he’s going skate fishing up Scotland this year said it will do for him hope he’s right.. so it’s got a new owner from August ...I kept the rod :thumb: now to dodge the daughter :lmao: :lmao:

I intended on using mine for targeting skate but didn’t get the chance whilst I was up there. I’ll be keen to know how he gets on. :)
Hardcore Addict

Postby JohnSLocker » 30 May 2019, 14:44

Weebarra wrote::clap: Top review John. It’s a cracking all rounder, and many thanks, to yourself and The Ribble Flounder King, for your insights .

In my view Penn, without a doubt, have stood the test of time. I’ve got senator, models, Delmars, and in my view they are poetry in motion, still after all this time.

At the time about 20 years ago when they came out the 965,975, star and LD models for general uptiding, light down tiding, and trolling in Villa Real, with my old mate PaulD (RIP) I caught loads of UK fish, and in Portugal, skip jack, different breams and the boss fish, Corvina, a type of Portuguese Cod type fish off large size.

Brilliant write up, and in my view, you buy Penn, and the reels, rods, are the Rolls Royces, they do last a life time. Their rods, also top quality.

Tight Lines! :clap: :champ:

So I take it you like Penn?
Hardcore Addict

Return to Tackle Talk