Species hunt 2016 Freshwater-Perch-Roach-Bream-Common Carp-Tench-Rudd-Gudgeon
King of Rossall

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Re: North West Beach Open - Saturday 17th October

Postby grumpyppops1 » 17 Oct 2015, 18:14

Nice one Iain and Ian,you're stil my hero matty :thumb:
Hardcore Addict

Location: Bolton,the town without a sea(but very expensive trains)

Postby Jammygit » 17 Oct 2015, 18:21

grumpyppops1 wrote:Nice one Iain and Ian,you're stil my hero matty :thumb:

I'm giving up fishing to pursue a career in guiding :lol:

Make a good Sherpa :lol:
Do or do not, there is no try..... YODA
padsta's lovechild

Postby Jimsta » 17 Oct 2015, 18:51

Great day out fishing,from the beginning to the end :clap:

Good craic on the wall no fish sadly today for me or LMA, however Woody caught a nice plaice just not big enough looking at the winning weights :banghead:Codless also caught sure he will post his :fish: :thumb:

Good company few new faces as well nice to meet you Shacky :thumb: oh and thanks Birdsnest for sorting my shockleader :thumb: shame woodies didn't last more than 1 cast :banghead: :banghead: Yes you guessed it he "CRACKED OFF" :bleh: :lmao: :lmao:

Cheers Gerry for organising :thumb:
Hardcore Addict

Postby Propernoddy » 17 Oct 2015, 20:22

well in shacky gave me a 1 out of 2 on my prediction - matty must do better!!!!!!
Hardcore Addict

Postby Pike » 17 Oct 2015, 20:34

Jammygit wrote:
grumpyppops1 wrote:Nice one Iain and Ian,you're stil my hero matty :thumb:

I'm giving up fishing to pursue a career in guiding :lol:

Make a good Sherpa :lol:

Great news mate :thumb: are you coming to Villa. What are the rates :lmao: :lmao: hard luck pal, can't win em all :banghead: sounds like it was a top day. Big up Gerry's :champ: :champ: :champ:
When the tide goes out.... You can see who's been swimming naked!?
Josh's chauffeur

Postby grumpyppops1 » 17 Oct 2015, 20:43

Villa better watching Fleetwood town ,not so far to go :dumb:
Hardcore Addict

Location: Bolton,the town without a sea(but very expensive trains)

Postby Marc » 17 Oct 2015, 20:53

Jammygit wrote:Big names are out

May there be a report to follow ???
Hardcore Addict

Postby codless » 18 Oct 2015, 06:55

Firstly well done to all those that took part especially to those that hit the scales and took a prize. It was a very early start for me as I didn't read the information posted properly and wrongly assumed it was register at 7-30 then go to your mark with rods in at 9-30 so the rush was on to park up on the North Wall where there's no walking involved but this way I had ample time for a half decent breakfast in Morrison's and plenty of time trying to stop myself buying bits I didn't want or need in Gerry's well laid out store! Needless to say I succumbed and am now the proud owner of several brightly coloured leads boxes of Sakuma hooks a new (AS YET) unused fish measure and loads of swivels clips ETC just in case I never ever visit a tackle shop again :doh:
Anyway back to the fishing, as I said the great wall was my chosen venue not only because its the only place in Morecambe that I have fished before but because of the ease of access park up lean out the car window and fish. I arrived just after Mac who was a man on a mission strutting out to the water line with a purpose, I sat had a coffee and decided what the hell I can stroll down there catch a couple of decent sized roundfish and then wander back and catch the Plaice and Flounders at my leisure :cheer: Its easy isn't it? I set off on the hike to the waters edge which thankfully was getting nearer by the time I got there. A quick chat with Sam the marshal for North Wall and I was fishing and within minutes I had a cracking bite which I failed to connect with so it was looking good only 5 minutes in and I had a bite. That was it on the beach I managed 2 more casts before the flood forced me to retreat to the safety of the wall.
Back on the wall I had birdsnest (Mark) to my right a space for Mac on my left who was fishing from the pepperpot for the first hour of the flood then Jimsta and woody further up so at least the craic was guaranteed to be good. After a quick casting lesson which I must say Mark did pick up very quickly :cheer: we were off. The fishing was very slow in fact it was pants but the craic was good and for the next couple of hours we enjoyed the splendid weather and views with only Woody's Plaice between us. Then with about 45 minutes to go I got a cracking knock which produced my FIRST Bass this year it weighed in at about 6.2 grams that is but it was a Bass so although I didn't weigh in I caught a Bass and was extremely happy as you would see from my face if only I could post pictures (sorry) Mark followed this with a small ting of his own so at least he beat the blank, that was it back to the shop for the weigh in hoping to have drawn one of the big hitters in the blind pairs comp a great idea for a bonus but alas not to be for me but did I mention I caught a BASS?
A great day to be out with plenty of craic and a good crowd of locals who even when the fishing is pants always make it worthwhile just to take part, A special mention for the lads at Gerry's who put in the work time and effort that is needed to make these events happen which is normally a thankless task and unless your a winner of course! It was a great day out and you all done a good job in marshalling organising and distributing the said prizes. Also got to say it was a nice touch to recognise all of the juniors who took part and well done to young Jack who once again outfished his granddad
Till next time Tight Lines Billy
Hardcore Addict

Postby john pie » 18 Oct 2015, 07:40

:champ: :champ: :champ: :champ:
Well done all who fished look's like a great day had by all.
Hardcore Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Gerrys Of Morecambe - Gerrysfishing Latest