It is currently 06 Dec 2019, 19:56

NORTH WALL HEYSHAM NO FISHING UPDATE

Northwest Sea fishing forum - Shore fishing catch reports for Lancashire, Cumbria, Blackpool, Fleetwood, Morecambe, Liverpool and Mersey, Cumbria & the Isle of man.

NORTH WALL HEYSHAM NO FISHING UPDATE

Postby Andrew72 » 02 Dec 2019, 13:33

Hi All,
fished the North wall Saturday afternoon drew a blank no one appeared to be catching. Around HW a peel port authority van pulled up and asked if I could pack up as there was no fishing allowed, I told him I had been informed it was week days only you could not fish the wall but I was informed by the chap this is 24 7 and is being enforced. He did say the local tackle shops are in negotiations with the port but I can't see things changing to be honest as this is being driven by recent thefts within the area and health and safety due to heavy vehicles travelling up and down the road along the wall, such a shame to see another mark lost a lot of good memories had over the last 20 years lets hope the local tackle shops can persuade them to reconsider, maybe a permit system may be the way forward like they have on the Mersey when fishing the docks ?
Trainee Addict

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Re: NORTH WALL HEYSHAM NO FISHING UPDATE

Postby Neild » 02 Dec 2019, 17:53

Many thanks for the update.

As mentioned on previous posts, the presence of anglers would doubt reduce the likelihood of thefts. As for the use of the wall by HGVs and the H&S card that's just an excuse(I should know I'm a H&S Manager :D )

Cheers
Neild
Almost an Addict

Postby JoeRoberts » 02 Dec 2019, 22:24

Unlucky Andrew, thanks for the info :thumb:
Hardcore Addict

Postby goldie cods » 03 Dec 2019, 07:43

Thanks for the update Andrew; sad news, indeed!
Trainee Addict

Return to North West Sea Fishing Reports