It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 17:30

New season approaches

Forum for plugging and spinning discussion. Using poppers, plugs, spinners and shads to catch Bass Pollack Cod and all other saltwater predators.

Re: New season approaches

Postby Tony61 » 22 Apr 2013, 09:17

Visited Anglesey last Saturday. 3 of us all itching to get a bit of fishing in. High was down for about 1815-1830 ish so not rush to get there.Gorgeous morning with full sunshine and a slight breeze. Got on the island just after 10 pm and first call was at Malcolms at Beaumaris for some bits and pieces. For any expecting hm to be in his new shop it will June now. More than 5 in his shop when we arrived and 2 outside so plenty of people willing to give the fishing a go that day.

Went to Aberffraw and because we were in no rush we parked near the town and took the long walk to the beach and headland to the right. The breeze picked up at the shore to quite an onshore wind at times. Water had a nice chop but very cloudy. To be honest Saturday was more walking then fishing. Great to see it at low water. Identified some great gullys and channels for future reference. Tried a few spots with surface, shallows and softies but nothing doing. We covered all the way to the church. Neither of us saw any bird activity worth mentioning, no baitfish activity or even Seals etc. Enjoyed it never the less.
Visited Rosenigir but the chippy was shut. Plenty of wind surfers doing their stuff.Nice to watch. Some where commenting on how cold the water was for the time of year. Didn`t really want to hear that but they are right I`m afraid.
Later we went past Treaddur Bay and onto the rock marks of Porth Dafarch. Really windy up there and the rock marks are not as easy access as I would prefare. Found some shelted coves from the wind and had a few hours there but again nothing doing at all. And again didn't see any sea signs at all.

defo gonne leave it another 3-4 weeks before having another go. We enjoyed our visit and we had a good laugh....back soon.
Trainee Addict

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Re: New season approaches

Postby Bill Bodger » 22 Apr 2013, 12:03

Tony,You should put any fishing reports in the reports section. That way you will have a chance at the monthly draw. Gerry's supply some great prizes and well worth going in for. Costs you nothing with a chance of a great prize. Hopefully one of the mods will put it in for you when they get back from their skate trip.

I was surprised to hear the water temp is still so low. I was fishing in Morecambe over the weekend and the water was tepid. A week or two ago it was freezing. I realise the bay is shallow and that ramps up the temp but I would have hoped the Irish sea would be moving in the right direction by now.

I always like to hear about lure fishing and at some point I'm going to go all in and start in earnest. I have a few lures including a couple of poppers but most are mid to deep divers so impractical in the bay. Thanks again for the report.

BB 8-)
Good things come to those who bait.
Elderly Gent

Previous

Return to Saltwater Lure fishing - Spinning and Plugging