It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 19:55

New reel

Forum for plugging and spinning discussion. Using poppers, plugs, spinners and shads to catch Bass Pollack Cod and all other saltwater predators.

New reel

Postby philh » 23 Nov 2014, 14:40

Looking at getting a new reel and hoping to spend around £80 I'm not worried about it been sh either but have been looking at the trabucco airblade and the hart ace 4000 anyone using either of these for salt water plugging or any recommendations please .....
Phil
Trainee Addict

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Re: New reel

Postby liphook » 24 Nov 2014, 00:40

John Norris had some nice Pfleugger supreme spinning reels that I can vouch for
Hardcore Addict

Postby skatenchips » 24 Nov 2014, 09:17

http://www.gerrysfishing.com/shimano-exage-4000-fd.ir

being a lifelong shimano fan this latest exage is everything I wanted from a small medium priced reel.

I've loaded it with 20lb power pro for open water lure fishing and found its smooth as silk,has plenty of grunt when pulling through weed or strong tides and after a few "dips" in the briny I've just soap washed it
and not had any salt water pitting on the body.

spare spool is loaded with mono for days when I'm using it for float fished sandeels for bass,
so the reel is certainly versatile.

me mate uses the 2500 size for LRF fishing and its tiny but has plenty of strength if you do hook
the odd biggun.

anyway,just my thoughts.

Gazza
Hardcore Addict

Postby hughie » 30 Nov 2014, 20:41

I use shimano rarenium 4000. but its not in the price range your after, the exage should do the trick, you do right to ask around for advice as I wouldn't like to buy blind, liphook and skateandchips advice sounds good to me.
LETS GO FISHING.
Rossall Bassmeister

Return to Saltwater Lure fishing - Spinning and Plugging