It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 13:18

Forum for new members to tell us a bit about themselves, and to find out about us!!

Postby bootster » 01 Jan 2019, 07:36

Morning all, thought I'd drop in and say hello. Moving to the area (Preston) in a few months and will be hitting the beaches once I've worked out where is worth fishing. I'll be a bit quiet for a while, but will fire a few reports in once I've found my feet.

A little background on me; started off on the East Anglian coasts many years ago and have spent the last two years fishing between Brighton and Chesil. Get involved in a few matches as well as pleasure fishing, so will be looking for either a club, or a few opens too. Mostly a conti chap these days, having seen the light a few years ago. Much more fun and no need to worry about blowing reels up when giving it some welly any more.

Also considering a bit of fluff chucking, so if anyone knows the next few sets of lottery numbers so I can get some decent tickets for a salmon hunt it'd be much appreciated! :clap:
Trainee Addict

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Re: New member

Postby ray » 01 Jan 2019, 08:08

welcome to the site and a happy new year to you. :thumb:
2023 species hunt.....Rockling, Dab, flounder, whiting, shanny.
Hardcore Addict

Postby Charlie P » 01 Jan 2019, 10:27

Welcome to AA
Species Hunt 2019

Needing more help this year
Hardcore Addict

Postby rob f » 01 Jan 2019, 12:43

welcome to the site bootster , looking forward to reading a few of your :fishing: reports through the coming year . :thumb:
Last edited by rob f on 01 Jan 2019, 13:43, edited 1 time in total.
2023 SPECIES HUNT
Dab, Whiting, 5 bearded rockling, Flounder, Thornback ray, Shanny, Silver eel, Doggie, Tub Gurnard, Coley, Pollock, Starry Smooth-hound, Plaice, Weever, Tope. Mackerel. Turbot. Dover sole.
mersey maestro

Postby shacky » 01 Jan 2019, 13:15

Welcome aboard young man :wave: Hope you hit your fishing ambitions up north :fishing: Tight Lines :thumb:
<º))))><
Global Moderator

Postby pros » 01 Jan 2019, 18:03

Welcome aboard.
Hardcore Addict

Postby liphook » 01 Jan 2019, 19:07

Welcome aboard Booster. There's an excellent venue guide on here that will give you a headstart. I spend the spring to autumn months on the rivers fly fishing with occasional bass and tope sessions
Hardcore Addict

Postby dannyboy » 02 Jan 2019, 03:20

Welcome!
Trainee Addict

Postby john pie » 02 Jan 2019, 08:26

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
:fishing: :fishing: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish:
Welcome to the Mad House :crazy: :crazy: :dumb: :dumb: :dumb:
Looking forward to reading your future :fishing: :fishing: :fish: :fish: Post's

Plenty of Guy's on here for you to fish with including myself I fish the Gynn South Shore or the Vue all the way to Wyre Estuary ....Just ask anyone when your going out fishing if you can join them or vice verser .

I'm not good on my leg's so some of the venues along the Fylde Coast I struggle with but i'm sure there are other who will take you to them. :thumb: :thumb:

TIGHT LINES JOHN....(MICK)
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

TRY HOOKERS BAITS OR EVEN JOIN TEAM HOOKERS OR THERE'S BLACKPOOL & LANCS ANGLERSON FB QUITE A FEW OF THE LAD'S ON HERE ARE MEMBER'S ON THEM ASWELL ...Totally up to you though plus you'll find other local group's to join :thumb:
Hardcore Addict

Postby bootster » 02 Jan 2019, 13:40

Many thanks everyone.

Already had a scan through the venue guide liphook; very useful indeed for someone new to the area so thanks to those that have contributed to it.

I'll be looking to stay within around 50 miles of Preston, but happy to drive a bit further if needed for decent fishing. At the moment my nearest beach is a 50 mile drive, so having something on my doorstep is going to be a godsend. That said as I type the nearest beach is nearer 1000 miles away, so no fun until April!

Once I'm settled in and have had a little recce I'll see what's about; from the reports I've read it looks like plaice and smoothies will be targets around then, both of which I'm very happy to hunt.
Trainee Addict

Return to Who's who...