It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 08:30

New Beach Rod

Latest deals and updates from Gerrys of Morecambe

Moderator: gerrysfishing.com

Re: New Beach Rod

Postby Propernoddy » 26 Feb 2015, 00:52

get the best you can afford as you will inevitably be wanting a better rod soon otherwise
Hardcore Addict

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Postby wigandan » 16 Mar 2015, 14:49

I will be up to see Matty in the next fortnight or maybe the first weekend in April. No doubt I will change my mind a thousand times in the shop, but eventualy I will walk out with some new kit, thats for sure.
Trainee Addict

Postby TAXI CHRIS » 16 Mar 2015, 15:30

Nothing against gerrys but if i was you i would go second hand and you will get better quality for the same money. A lot of used tackle and kit has had so little use its like new anyway just a load cheaper. Theres always rods and reels on here for sale and from decent lads
Hardcore Addict

Postby grandadruss » 16 Mar 2015, 22:03

TAXI CHRIS wrote:Nothing against gerrys but if i was you i would go second hand and you will get better quality for the same money. A lot of used tackle and kit has had so little use its like new anyway just a load cheaper. Theres always rods and reels on here for sale and from decent lads

Your'e spot on there Chris,you will always get better gear cheaper if secondhand.
Sometimes though it's nice to treat yourself to a new rod.
All my rods were second hand,chums on AA,car boots etc.
Never had a new rod so I treated myself to a brand new Drennan Red Range feeder rod.
Okay it was only 55 quid but nice to walk out of the shop with it. :thumb:
Oh love it by the way :love:
Species hunt 2016 Saltwater -
Species hunt 2016 Freshwater-Perch-Roach-Bream-Common Carp-Tench-Rudd-Gudgeon
King of Rossall

Postby wigandan » 02 Jun 2015, 20:18

Finally took the plunge and opted for the Sunset Kremnika Combo. Staff at Gerry's were excellent and only too happy to help. The new shop looks great too. Could have spent a fortune but had the kids with me so coudnt be in there too long!
Trainee Addict

Postby grumpyppops1 » 02 Jun 2015, 21:32

wigandan wrote:Finally took the plunge and opted for the Sunset Kremnika Combo. Staff at Gerry's were excellent and only too happy to help. The new shop looks great too. Could have spent a fortune but had the kids with me so coudnt be in there too long!

Got my wee one down to hall road on Thursday ,join the clan and get the rod christened.
Hardcore Addict

Location: Bolton,the town without a sea(but very expensive trains)

Postby wigandan » 07 Jun 2015, 19:05

I took it to fleetwood yesterday to see how it coped with a 40mph blow on! Managed a few smal whiting but very pleased with the rod. Up to 5 bar gate next Sunday for a proper go (wind permitting)

Hows the mersey fishing?? Havent been since Feb.
Trainee Addict

Previous

Return to Gerrys Of Morecambe - Gerrysfishing Latest