It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 04:49

My first cod in the estuary

Northwest Sea fishing forum - Shore fishing catch reports for Lancashire, Cumbria, Blackpool, Fleetwood, Morecambe, Liverpool and Mersey, Cumbria & the Isle of man.

Re: My first cod in the estuary

Postby bob1 » 27 Oct 2014, 12:18

Good result some good fish there well done
Hardcore Addict

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Postby kevccool » 27 Oct 2014, 13:38

riles1969 wrote:Nice to see that. We were at arnside had about 11 flounders. Tide to big for that side. Keep looking at fishing grange go there a lot will have to have a walk along to look at best places does that island fish near the station are you aloud to go on it.

Hi mate, You won't get many if any replies to that question as its very secret squirrel over that side.
Most of the venues Grange side require a bit of a walk and a bit of local knowledge too as the sands and cut offs can be dangerous.

You can fish Holme Island but the Island itself is private so you have to go out at low I am told and then wait until tide has receded before getting back you can fish either side of Holme Island.

You can fish off the front at Kents bank and there is fishing at Humphreys Head again requires a long walk and knowledge of the dangerous channels.

A bass hot (hottish anyway!) spot in the warmer months is Copeland Point at Flookburgh. Some contacts of mine catch quite a lot of schoolies and the odd bigger fish from this venue which again requires caution.

All of these venues are predominantly flounder marks but as you can see from the post the odd surprise can happen I have heard of mullet, sea trout, grilse, bass, eels, whiting, plaice and now cod! These aren't venues for the faint hearted and they are not turn up and fish from the car type venues like the other side of the bay but as they say put in the hard work and the rewards can be there - that's fishing!

For specific information PM me.
Almost an Addict

Postby riles1969 » 27 Oct 2014, 22:31

Thanks for that kev. Go grange a lot with work and go camping a lot. Do a lot of walking. I won't take any risks I now how dangers it is there. Just seen the gullys and etc and it looks good I don't mind a good walk. I have seen people fishing.Put the effort in a you will be rewarded. :fish: Thanks again Andy
Hardcore Addict

Postby mac » 27 Oct 2014, 22:54

Quality day out with some good surprises thrown in among the flatties , the wind behind the big tide must`ve helped in pushing em up that far :thumb: :thumb:
(famous local match man)

Postby Ianbarron » 01 Nov 2014, 18:49

Well done mate good pictures
Hardcore Addict

Previous

Return to North West Sea Fishing Reports