It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 16:19

morecambe

Northwest Sea fishing forum - Shore fishing catch reports for Lancashire, Cumbria, Blackpool, Fleetwood, Morecambe, Liverpool and Mersey, Cumbria & the Isle of man.

Re: morecambe

Postby aharrison » 15 Jan 2017, 23:38

you only have to ask the blackpool lads whats happening at knott end,,,last year nobody fished it ,try getting on it now ,,,,,,fishing reports are great information on whats getting caught in and around your area heysham north wall is a perfect example ,,,when 1 decent cod gets caught you cannot get on it at all
if you do your home work WHY should you share it,,,,it took my mate 3 years to find this mark,and told me in good faith ,,,,,,,alls I was saying is there is cod to be caught in Morecambe ,,,not bragging ,,,locals here know 2/3 marks in Morecambe were you can get good cod,why spoil it by advertising were you catch them
its a fishing forum ........hope this doesn't cause an argument,lol
Trainee Addict

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Postby aharrison » 16 Jan 2017, 12:46

not bragging at all .just saying theres cod in Morecambe if you know were to look ,,,now if I said it was off stone jetty you would NEVER get on the thing again ,,(knott end) a perfect example ..north wall crowded EVERY weekend,,,so had to look else were ,,,,, if you read my report properly THE MARK WAS GIVEN IN GOOD FAITH,,,,,,,,,,,,why should I spoil it for my mate,,,theres probably only 5/6 people who know were it is ....you might find it on arsebook page or what ever was commented ????
if you know me I have travelled all over England for my fishing and will tell ANYONE were to fish and what marks etc,,,,,,
Trainee Addict

Postby tarmacduck » 16 Jan 2017, 18:51

I can read quiet well thx you don't need to shout.
Everything is OK
Hardcore Addict

Postby senatorkenny » 16 Jan 2017, 19:15

Like I said if you don't want to share don't report :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :bleh:
:-New list 2018/19 Dab.
Hardcore Addict

Postby craggers » 16 Jan 2017, 19:54

:gp: No need to post the mark , why not do what we do take the pic with just the sea in the back ground or the night sky :thumb:

Ignore the negative comments , in the past it ruined what was a good forum and a good craic and a lot left :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Born to fish Forced to work
Hardcore Addict

Postby Pickles10 » 18 Jan 2017, 21:12

Am laughing at the last few comments.but I gotta agree with them.its a waste posting a report if u gunner say caught loads but am not gunner say where.
Hardcore Addict

Postby woody68 » 18 Jan 2017, 23:07

i would like to tell you that the river wyre at the moment and always has, for the last 2 months, still produces codlin to 4 pound.i would just like to share that information with the members of the forham. :fishing:
Trainee Addict

Postby liphook » 19 Jan 2017, 01:51

Cheers Woody :cheer: I'd like to Point out that Rossall has and hopefully always will do similar. As will Otterspool, Chesil etc etc. Point taken AH :thumb: perhaps you've opened up a good topic to discuss further? The 'ArseBook' comment was generic and sent with humour but perhaps lost in transit. I've seen the misinformation, skulduggery, and secrecy of specimen and at times game fishing ruin people's lives 1st hand. I think one of the best parts of sea angling is the sheer chance involved and on here particularly, the willingness to share information. Just look at the info on here from the likes of Shacky, Kev, Rushy etc. It's a good forum, and one where we are all entitled to opinions. Share or not is your choice, but keep on posting none the less mate :thumb: Live and let live eh
Hardcore Addict

great post to while away the winter blues.

Postby cosierat » 19 Jan 2017, 12:36

2 or 3 years ago I happened to get lucky on a Plaice mark and duly reported it on this site. Photos, venue and access points were logged for all to enjoy. A couple of days after I returned to the mark to see it was full of what I call the "Lidl bag" gang. I have never seen such a diversity of rods, reels and ability; casting was haphazard and extremely dangerous. Quite obviously not true sea anglers but vultures just there to take everything they caught irrespective of size or condition. It was as disgusting as the so called death matches run by some local so called angling clubs. I came onto this site and said I would still post reports but the precise venue would not be disclosed. BUT anyone was welcome to PM me and if it was a renowned member of the site I would willingly PM them back with all the details.
That was my way of dealing with the increasing problem of disrespectful anglers, disrespectful to the environment, disrespectful to the fish and disrespectful to other anglers.
Is my solution the right way? That is up for you guys to decide. All I know is I will continue to publish (if circumstances allow me to ever get out again) with photos and general areas only. But please feel free to PM me and I will disclose all.
Tight lines
2017 Species Hunt, Rockling, Flounder, Plaice, Whiting, Dab, Cod, Bass, Doggie, Tope, Eel, Starry
Hardcore Addict

Postby Dids » 19 Jan 2017, 14:44

Spot on comment buddy fully agree with your way of doing it I'm still quite new to the site and have found it invaluable for info/marks etc but discretion is always a Good idea ivery seen the circus turn up at many coarse fishing venues and ruin waters in 6 month's so we do need to be a bit cautious
Hardcore Addict

PreviousNext

Return to North West Sea Fishing Reports