It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 02:40

Morecambe channel

Discussion board for any boating related items from Boat maintenance to fishing techniques for anglers afloat.

Re: Morecambe channel

Postby Padsta Tel » 22 Oct 2012, 13:15

I must admit the council have stiched us small boat owners up as far as i can see the data tag sytem is a rip off but if you look at other council slipways there all the same, you need boat insurance in case you hit someone wile driving you car on the prom plus it covers you for swimmers within a certain area of the beach.the data tag system is about 55£ but its a one off payment you glue micro chips and a capsule hidden in your boat so when the police find your boat they can scan it on a machine and return it to the owner when i asked the council numpties have the police got this tecnology they couldent give me an answer if you google Data tag it will give you the info for this system. I didn't mind paying for the data tag with my boat being brand new and at a cost of 16,000 i thought exta insurance.As far as checks from the mobile dick heads i was asked for my pass only a week ago by some spotty kid who wasent even a locall, i don't think they check to often in the winter.Hope this helps any more questions PM me. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
15lb Salmon Bolton Market
A box of kippers <Lsle of Man>
Acouple of Mackeral Asda
Cod at our local chippy
Fisherman from hell

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Morecambe channel

Postby sharpey » 22 Oct 2012, 15:28

We had the data tag system at Windermere linked to a scheme whereby minute dots are spread all over your boat. These are scanned on a boat, outboard etc being recovered..?? It was also used on pedal cycles and motor bikes too I believe. We had a gadget like a huge table tennis bat to scan items with..?
There's more to fishing than catching fish...
sandside assassin

Morecambe channel

Postby Padsta Tel » 22 Oct 2012, 15:34

Same system Steve x

Acouple of Mackeral Asda
Cod at our local chippy
Fisherman from hell

Postby Bill Bodger » 22 Oct 2012, 16:14

sharpey wrote:We had the data tag system at Windermere linked to a scheme whereby minute dots are spread all over your boat. These are scanned on a boat, outboard etc being recovered..?? It was also used on pedal cycles and motor bikes too I believe. We had a gadget like a huge table tennis bat to scan items with..?

Same system as Tel says but the council don't have the equipment to scan the microdots. The explanation I got from the council was they need to have a number to identify your pass is for the right boat. This is b*ll*cks. Legally you should have a VHF radio on your boat and to operate the radio you have a radio operators licence. With the issue of the licence you get a call sign (MMSI) which is associated with the boat. My boat is also registered with the coastguard. This gives a detailed description and photo of the boat for their identification. How many forms of ID do they need? If they are so concerned with ID they should have a register and issue numbers to be displayed on the boat. It makes my blood boil all these small minded, money grabbing incompetents at the council. I wish they'd get their act together and help locals instead of thinking of yet another way to screw them. :crazy: :evil:

Just sitting on the fence there a bit :D

BB 8-)

PS Sorry for hi-jacking the thread. It's a subject dear to my heart
Good things come to those who bait.
Elderly Gent

Morecambe channel

Postby Padsta Tel » 22 Oct 2012, 20:18

They give you a number to display on your boat and I don't think it's compulsory to have a VHF loads of boaters don't .

Acouple of Mackeral Asda
Cod at our local chippy
Fisherman from hell

Postby Graham » 22 Oct 2012, 22:22

hmmm ??? .
might have a look at the kayak route (or similar), it may be an easier option for just the occasional session.
Like you say in your reply to the five bargate thread Padsta Tel, just getting out that bit further could give an edge.
Hardcore Addict

Postby Padsta Tel » 23 Oct 2012, 00:24

You can always launch at knott end 55£ a year and thats it no insurance or data tag needed and you get 4hrs each side of a tide just pay the ferry man on the slipway :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Acouple of Mackeral Asda
Cod at our local chippy
Fisherman from hell

Postby Bill Bodger » 23 Oct 2012, 01:36

Padsta Tel wrote:They give you a number to display on your boat and I don't think it's compulsory to have a VHF loads of boaters don't .

You're right Tel. I was jumping the gun a bit. It is not compulsory to have a VHF licence. It is a legal requirement that if you carry a VHF radio you must have a licence to use it. The licence gives you your individual call sign associated with a single boat. I realise even this is often overlooked by some boaters and I think the coastguards would rather you had a VHF radio and no licence than not have one. However, if they want to get arsey about it they can prosecute. My complaint is to do with charging for a system they cannot control because they want a registration number. Why not ask a nominal amount for registration and you put a number designated to you on your boat. Is that too simplistic?
Good things come to those who bait.
Elderly Gent

Postby Padsta Tel » 23 Oct 2012, 18:06

Going for a s**t is to complecated for some council members. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :huan kerr: :huan kerr: :huan kerr: :huan kerr: :huan kerr: :huan kerr: :huan kerr:
Acouple of Mackeral Asda
Cod at our local chippy
Fisherman from hell

Previous

Return to Boat Fishing Information