It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 01:51

Mid Sept, but where?

Sea fishing Venue guides and information for where to fish around the UK. Uk sea fishing marks.

Mid Sept, but where?

Postby cosierat » 16 May 2016, 15:48

I am sure it is an old chestnut but looking for a 3/4 night sea fishing break. Stranraer area, Easington area or Anglesey all look easily drivable. BUT which offers the best fishing in September?
Thanks for your time and grateful for your input.
2017 Species Hunt, Rockling, Flounder, Plaice, Whiting, Dab, Cod, Bass, Doggie, Tope, Eel, Starry
Hardcore Addict

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Re: Mid Sept, but where?

Postby Settle Simon » 16 May 2016, 18:51

Personally, I would go to Anglesey for the wide variety of fish on offer. September has always been a good month there for me. Not much of an argument I know and I am a bit biased, coming from Anglesey (sisters and Mum still live there), but I did catch my PB bass in September from Anglesey.

Plus points:
- Somewhere to fish whatever the weather and wind direction
- at least 5 tackle and bait shops spread fairly evenly around the island (Holyhead, Valley, Amlwch, Benlech (?) Menai Bridge and Beaumaris)
- Plenty of fishing marks for all types of fishing from LRF, Lures, saltwater fly, float, beach (steep and also shallow), rock etc.
- good areas to collect your own bait
- The pubs now open on Sunday like the rest of the civilized world
- Loads of websites giving advice and reports on fishing marks on Anglesey
- excellent place to get a new lawnmower, strimmer etc. (Anglesey Mowers, Near Amlwch) ready for next spring!
- Anglesey Sea Zoo - so you can look at fish in the unlikely event that you don't catch anything!
- For species hunt it is a mecca with everything from Tadpole fish and dragonettes to conger and tope

I am sure that there are other plus points but I don't want to go on.
I float like a buttercup and sprint like a granny
http://www.scplanningserv.com
Hardcore Addict

Re: Mid Sept, but where?

Postby cosierat » 16 May 2016, 19:30

Thanks Simon, that is just the type of feedback I was trying to engender. I hope to see you on the wall again soon.
2017 Species Hunt, Rockling, Flounder, Plaice, Whiting, Dab, Cod, Bass, Doggie, Tope, Eel, Starry
Hardcore Addict

Return to Where to Sea Fish