It is currently 19 Apr 2021, 06:40

Mersey this week end

Information and contact area for letting people know who's going out where and when.....

Mersey this week end

Postby Ian Conway » 15 Jan 2021, 09:22

Hi all

I know there are lots of mind's about fishing Mersey this weekend , but I'm limited to when I can get out at the moment

Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated

Ian
Trainee Addict

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Re: Mersey this week end

Postby rob f » 15 Jan 2021, 12:08

Depending on which side of the river your thinking of :fishing: . Fishing the Wirral side is best on a bigger tide ,So try town hall steps or Vale park or anywhere along that stretch . Fishing the Liverpool side is better on a smaller tide , Otterspool prom Jag house or Mariners are good venues :thumb:
2021 SPECIES HUNT
5 bearded rockling, Plaice,
mersey maestro

Re: Mersey this week end

Postby rugbydanny99 » 15 Jan 2021, 12:55

defo the wirral side mate too big of a tide for liverpool side, unless u are weed proof and have 60oz leads :bleh:

the seacombe end of the prom is producing a lot of cod lately u will still need a 7oz lead but it’s manageable

if u want the easy life and a few whiting dabs etc try right in front of the town hall steps, the groynes keep tidal pull to a minimum

ill be out there myself at some stage if you wanna let us know what tide your thinking of doing
2020 SPECIES HUNT
whiting, cod, dab, thornback ray, 5 beard rockling, dogfish, starry smooth hound, tope, poor cod, flounder, goby, butterfish, pouting, black bream, bass, plaice, common smooth hound, pollock, conger eel.
Hardcore Addict

Return to Going out fishing