It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 07:35

Mersey boating

Discussion board for any boating related items from Boat maintenance to fishing techniques for anglers afloat.

Mersey boating

Postby robo » 29 Oct 2010, 23:46

i am out tomorrow fishing the clubs fair and feather at mersey road then on the boat on sunday fishing the mersey and might fish from the boat on monday but not certain as yet,only problem is we have 20 minute window to lock out on sunday morning 6 am to 6.20 am or pay £38 for a before 6 am lock out who said enjoying your self was cheap
Hardcore Addict

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Re: AnyOne?

Postby Rushy » 29 Oct 2010, 23:46

robo wrote:i am out tomorrow fishing the clubs fair and feather at mersey road then on the boat on sunday fishing the mersey and might fish from the boat on monday but not certain as yet,only problem is we have 20 minute window to lock out on sunday morning 6 am to 6.20 am or pay £38 for a before 6 am lock out who said enjoying your self was cheap

You've either got a very understanding missus, divorced or gay ??? :lol: :lol: :lol:
I dream of a weekend like that! :thumb:

Is there much coming out to the boats on the mersey? Have the cod shown in any numbers yet? ???
Make a difference - take home one piece of someone's angling litter next time you are out fishing
Political Activist

Postby robo » 30 Oct 2010, 00:01

i think the wife is sick of the site of me since i finished working and had to take forced retirement, the mersey is fishing pretty good loads of skate whiting and some cod showing more than this time last year but it is full of sprat and this may well put paid to the cod in the coming months
Hardcore Addict

Postby Rushy » 30 Oct 2010, 00:06

robo wrote:i think the wife is sick of the site of me since i finished working and had to take forced retirement, the mersey is fishing pretty good loads of skate whiting and some cod showing more than this time last year but it is full of sprat and this may well put paid to the cod in the coming months

Damn....I was hoping you were gay, you're quite a catch, owning your own boat on the mersey and all ;) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've always fancied dragging my boat over and having a bash at those mersey cod :fish: any decent launch sites, I haven't got a RYA qualification though ???
Make a difference - take home one piece of someone's angling litter next time you are out fishing
Political Activist

Re: Anyone?

Postby robo » 30 Oct 2010, 00:22

the only reasonable place to launch is newbrighton and this is tightly controlled by a company called safe water training,but if you launch before 7 am the slip way is unmanned when you come to retrieve your boat they can not stop you having access for safety reasons, or you could pay them to launch you or join one of the local clubs get your rya level2 and insurance then it will cost about £80 for 12 months i think this is the price for next year,the wiral small boat comp is on sunday it is a great comp and you will see the best places to fish i am not sure of the entrance fee but all you will need is the standard safety equipment you should carry on a small boat
Hardcore Addict

Postby robo » 30 Oct 2010, 01:04

the reason we bought the boat is because me and my mate are getting to old for all the launching and retrieving that you do with a small boat we have done this for years and decided we had had enough so we started our search for something a bit bigger than the one i had. we looked at a lot of boats in our price range ( not a lot) and we finished up with the one we now share it is not fast but is a good sea boat and did not cost us a great deal the marina fees are not to bad as the boat is only 26 feet long we wanted one around 30 but soon learned it was beyond our meager budget we have got comforts you do not get on smaller boats like 2 bunks toilet and a good cooker, we do have plans for long weekend trips but only managed one this Summer due to the crap weather, it was a 24 hour trip where we finished up off the end of anglesea in line with conway and it was the worst trip of the summer fishing wise,Image hope the picture turns out o.k. i am not that good with computers, we have owned storm dancer for just on 12 months and have done more than a bit of work on her but the next trip will be our 32 and so we are getting use out of it.if this is in the wrong part of the forum then maybe one of the mods could move it

by the way there is no way we are gay we may be happy but there is a big difference these days
Hardcore Addict

Postby Rushy » 30 Oct 2010, 01:10

I know exactly what you mean by all the launching & retrieving :doh: it's a right parp, especially at Morecambe were the tide goes out miles :blink: you drop the boat in off the trailer with the tractor, then drive back up the beach & park up, then the loooong walk to the boat......It takes at least an hour to launch

She's a fair looking vessel you've got there, she looks like she'll handle a good sea :thumb: good to hear you're enjoying some creature comforts.

Do you ever get any fish trapped in the dock itself, apart from mullet presumably ???
Political Activist

Postby Riccardo El Paxo » 30 Oct 2010, 10:46

Rushy wrote:I know exactly what you mean by all the launching & retrieving :doh: it's a right parp, especially at Morecambe were the tide goes out miles :blink: you drop the boat in off the trailer with the tractor, then drive back up the beach & park up, then the loooong walk to the boat......It takes at least an hour to launch....

That's not the worst bits for owning a small boat.The worst is if you working :cry: How many times a year when you off work that the weather is good enough to sail???
And every time you went out,the cleaning and tidying up is the killer when you're knackered after a day of fishing :shock:
Image Image Image
Gringo Wok the Sheep worrier
Gringo Wok the Sheep worrier

Re: Mersey boating

Postby robo » 30 Oct 2010, 20:08

hi boys, seems to be a lot of small stuff in the marina i have not seen any mullet and the owners of boats moored near us say there have not been any mullet for 5 years, did hear a couple of big fish hit the surface last winter but they where under the deckings so i could not see them, the cleaning up after a days fishing in winter was the worst part of trailing a boat we would be out at the crack of dawn pick up my mate go fishing drop him off then have to reverse the boat up hill and at an angle to get it on the drive then empty it and wash down all in the dark and bloody cold to boot,now we clean down on the way back get changed gut the fish if we are lucky lock up and go for a pint,the security at the marina is first class so we don't bother hiding all the electrics just leave them where they fit but we do isolate them
Hardcore Addict

Return to Boat Fishing Information