It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 05:19

Manor Farm Dorset Stour

General Coarse fishing and Carp forum.

Manor Farm Dorset Stour

Postby skatenchips » 19 Jan 2018, 18:32

A quick visit to Manor Farm on the Dorset Stour found it a good 5 feet up and peeing through so a walk about found 4 slacks that I fed some balls of mole hill soil with chopped worm in as this was the plan in the dirty water........half a Lobby on the hook.

that plan got scuppered big style as it started to leather down with hail stones...so I was now hiding under a brolley pinned down from the wind...

while I sat there watching and waiting I decided on a quick dip with me Old reliable Reuben Heaton temp guage.....8 degrees centigrade /46 F.......Bloody perishing but hopefully just enough for something to feed.

and sure enough a tentative bite turned into a steady pull down,if I'm honest I initially thought it was a nice chub as that was my target in this 3 hour bash..........but no.....a big river slab,,which went really well in the flow but after some fannying about I scooped him up.........

His body was covered in breading tubercles which for a January day I found surprising but there you go
maybe the cycle has started early.........anyway @ 6lb 7oz it is my PB Bream for this River since moving down here so not a bad start to the new year..........

it was soon 4pm with the light fading and as the rain had stopped I did a runner for home,so just the one bite produced one lovely Bream,but ill be back for another go to see if I can snag one of the Big Chub
that reside at this venue..........we,ll see !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gazza
Hardcore Addict

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Re: Manor Farm Dorset Stour

Postby sharpey » 19 Jan 2018, 20:53

That’s a splendid slab mate, well done in the circs. Not been out up here for a while, weather, flu, cold...roll on spring....!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
There's more to fishing than catching fish...
sandside assassin

Postby pros » 20 Jan 2018, 09:28

Well done Gazza.
Hardcore Addict

Postby liphook » 20 Jan 2018, 14:52

Nice one Gazza :thumb:
Hardcore Addict

Return to Coarse and Carp