It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 09:58

Mackerel Rock yesterday

Northwales - All shore sea fishing catch reports from North Wales covering Anglesey, Conwy, Denbighshire, Flintshire, Gwynedd and Wrexham.

Mackerel Rock yesterday

Postby billbob » 24 May 2016, 21:10

Fished Mackerel Rock at low water yesterday. Wasn't too bothered about the mackerel as I wanted to try out my newly purchased sibiki lures and do a bit of float fishing.
First up I fished ragworm on the float and had a corkwing first drop not photographed I then had a couple of long spined scorpions which had a nice red colour to them.Image
.Tried a different place and immediately lost my float so I put on the sibikis. Tried casting them and retrieving up the face of the rocks and caught a nice Pollock then dropped off a mackerel on the lift.Image
Of course fishing that close to rocks is going to end in tears and I got them snagged and had to break them off.
I then put just two feathers on with an ounce bomb on my light rod and had three mackerel one of which is pictured for my species hunt.Image
All too soon it was time to go but an enjoyable session and also to let you know that the macks have arrived.
2022 Species, Flounder, Plaice, Dab,
Hardcore Addict

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Re: Mackerel Rock yesterday

Postby shacky » 24 May 2016, 23:20

Great effort and a fun day's fishin' :clap: and that species list is going up :thumb: :gp:
<º))))><
Global Moderator

Postby BigBadCol » 25 May 2016, 01:39

Nice report I've still to try this venue, the thought of lots of people tho puts me off fishing here as I like peace n quiet when fishing. Thanks for sharing

Col
Hardcore Addict

Postby rob f » 25 May 2016, 12:32

well done billbob :thumb:
2023 SPECIES HUNT
Dab, Whiting, 5 bearded rockling, Flounder, Thornback ray, Shanny, Silver eel, Doggie, Tub Gurnard, Coley, Pollock, Starry Smooth-hound, Plaice, Weever, Tope. Mackerel. Turbot. Dover sole.
mersey maestro

Postby billbob » 25 May 2016, 17:13

I know what you mean Col but when I arrived there were just two lads fishing on one side and they left after half an hour so I had it to myself.
2022 Species, Flounder, Plaice, Dab,
Hardcore Addict

Postby djdave » 25 May 2016, 17:52

Good session mate well fished :clap: :clap:
Species hunt 2019
Hardcore Addict

Postby joelugs » 27 May 2016, 20:38

well donr pal , was there 2 of you or should that be was there someone else fishing on the rock? :lol: I'm only asking because I was on the next rock up :wave: .
2017- species hunt . Dab. Flounder. Whiting. Dogfish. 3 beard rockling. Goldsinny wrasse. Sole. Starry smoothhound. Weaver.
Almost an Addict

Return to North Wales Sea Fishing Reports