It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 06:10

lures for bass

Forum for plugging and spinning discussion. Using poppers, plugs, spinners and shads to catch Bass Pollack Cod and all other saltwater predators.

lures for bass

Postby hughie » 18 Jul 2012, 16:10

Going to Cornwall in a few weeks time, and I am going to do a bit of bass fishing, been on the sites for tips on what lures to take, they came up with Patchinko 100 nories treju 65 +85 ecogear mw 105 and osp asura 100mm , checked them out for price and nearly fainted. are there any alternatives for these lures , the patchinko seemed to be the killer lure ,and would probably get one of these, any ideas lads.
LETS GO FISHING.
Rossall Bassmeister

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Re: lures for bass

Postby Rushy » 18 Jul 2012, 19:01

hughie wrote:Going to Cornwall in a few weeks time, and I am going to do a bit of bass fishing, been on the sites for tips on what lures to take, they came up with Patchinko 100 nories treju 65 +85 ecogear mw 105 and osp asura 100mm , checked them out for price and nearly fainted. are there any alternatives for these lures , the patchinko seemed to be the killer lure ,and would probably get one of these, any ideas lads.

I know what you mean hughie, I fell for that and bought a patchinko and a feed shallow at about £20 apiece .....I've yet to catch with them! :doh: :lol: :lol: :lol: There's a shop down there called Art of Fishing at St.Merryn near Padstow.....DON'T GO IN!!!! :hurt: it's an Aladdin's cave of shiny (and pricey) lures, rods & reels! Very very tempting, and the owner is a thoroughly decent chap who gives out great advice.

Personally, I'd go for cheaper stuff, but still proven catchers.....rapalas & Storm lures don't become bad lures overnight because the Japanese have brought a fancy expensive range. Plus the rocks down Cornwall are unforgiving to pluggers, imagine how you'll feel when you lose that £20 lure......snorkel time!! :lol:

I did THIS bit of a beginners guide years ago and I think it still holds true today :thumb: I would definitely have look at the soft plastics too, like the SavageGear & sidewinder Jellys Eels & worms
Make a difference - take home one piece of someone's angling litter next time you are out fishing
Political Activist

Postby liphook » 18 Jul 2012, 20:21

I don't go anywhere without a silver toby in 18g, a black flying c around 20g and a few dexter wedges! You'll get all of these lures for less than 1 jap import. I've caught on the patchinko, but i've also caught myself buying far more lures than needed! All this trendy stuff just fuels tackle sales rather than catching more/better fish imo
Hardcore Addict

Postby hughie » 19 Jul 2012, 10:10

thanks for the advice lads , when I get back from cornwall do you fancy meeting up and having a go with the lures, Would like to find out where you can fish round here with them.
LETS GO FISHING.
Rossall Bassmeister

Postby liphook » 20 Jul 2012, 15:01

Certainly Hughie, enjoy Cornwall and we'll sort a meet up when you get back.
Hardcore Addict

Return to Saltwater Lure fishing - Spinning and Plugging