It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 06:59

Littledale pond on a wet Sunday

General Coarse fishing and Carp forum.

Littledale pond on a wet Sunday

Postby conprodman » 04 Jul 2010, 22:18

Well I was in Morecambe yesterday so decided to drop in Morecambe Angling and after having the banter with Steve decided to get a day pass for today :thumb: :thumb: Early riser as the forecast was for it to rain mid morning so I wanted to get set up in the dry :thumb: :thumb: Allready a couple of pegs taken but the one I had decided on was free so I set up under the tree again to the left of the island :halo: :halo: Glad I had the Korum shelter as when it started it came down in buckets
ended up with 6 Carp all of this standard, :cheer: :cheer:
and some of these silvers some of which were very good I had a couple of very good roach as you can see
Now for the real fisherman,s tale I got into a very big Mirror as a guess 20lb+ and after 15 minutes of playing it to the net it shook its head at the very last second and a misjudged skoop lost the dam thing. NEVER MIND THERE IS ALWAYS ANOTHER TIME. Last of all on my way back to the car with my rod and pole bag on my shoulder with the korum seat in my hand slipped 10ft down a bank and puller my back. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: More painkillers tonight. that was the end of that check when I got home and found nothing broken just a little pride. I will walk the long way next time and not take the short cut.Bait used today was Tigernut Corn Meat and worm using pellet,groundbait and maggots as feed. and of course chucking out nuts for them to get used to.
Hardcore Addict

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Re: Littledale pond on a wet Sunday

Postby Paul » 05 Jul 2010, 00:29

You picked one hell of a day for it mate :shock: :shock: :shock:

Been a bit down down here.... looks like you had a decent day though :clap: :clap: :clap:
Solar powered fisherman

Postby TerryG » 05 Jul 2010, 19:04

Nice sesh Phil, :thumb: :thumb: Shame you missed the big carp though, :banghead: :banghead: You will get it next time mate :clap2: :clap2: :thumb:
Terry 9T's

Postby Brez » 05 Jul 2010, 20:44

Not the old "..twenty pounder came off at the net.." line ;)
No one ever believes me when I try it :giveup: :wave:
Nice sesh btw.
Hardcore Addict

Postby Rushy » 06 Jul 2010, 20:39

Good lad phil :thumb: the one that got away....love it!! :champ:

What was its name by the way? Arthur or was it Cedric?? ??? :fishing: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Great report and pics, keep 'em coming mate :clap:
Make a difference - take home one piece of someone's angling litter next time you are out fishing
Political Activist

Return to Coarse and Carp