It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 03:09

Life's still a beach...!!

Northwest Sea fishing forum - Shore fishing catch reports for Lancashire, Cumbria, Blackpool, Fleetwood, Morecambe, Liverpool and Mersey, Cumbria & the Isle of man.

Life's still a beach...!!

Postby sharpey » 30 Nov 2016, 19:34

Well, after today probably won't be washing worms again till New Year, so stuck my frozen black in my box, couple of rods and headed off to Arnside for a few hours. Looked quite busy on the jetty, so having fortunately put my boots in, went to the steps we fished last week with limited success I might add...
On parking up, I spotted three dodgy looking guys already set up, so decided to put on the big imax coat and creep up on them...
Clocked just as I reached them by one PadstaTel, and introduced to his mates Jeff and blind Bert...nice to put names to faces, and I duly set up alongside them.
Wasn't long before the 9.5 tide came barrelling in, and created a real churning whirlpool in front of a Tel and the lads...
Slow start again here, but Tel managed to nail one fairly early on...
So he's away, but no bites for me, made worse by first retrieve to check the bait ends up in the loss of leader, rig and weight. Bah...
My consolation, nice warming sausage butty from Cafe Tel. The tip watching continued, I asked Bert about his new alarm for bite detection, and he produced a neat little gadget which clips to his rod. And it worked. Well, it showed a few knocks definitely....Image
Jeff next in, 35cm flattie, on frozen black...
And this was eventually followed by a double on his little rod about 15 yards out...!!
Now, if you check out the pics, on one you can see a rig hanging down, ready baited up..?? Tel was going to chuck this in, but got side tracked and forgot. And sat watching his rod tip for some time waiting for a bite which was never going to happen....oh, did we chuckle....
But he made up for it later...
Nice rattle and a good fish...
As for my twin static tips...??
Still static......not a twitch all day. Same bait as everyone else, same area, tried closer in and further out, ( which did attract weed...!!) but zilch. But this was irrelevant after the butty, a biscuit from Bert, and some hilarious banter between ourselves and several passing locals...think Tel and Jeff had half a dozen between them, Bert and I nothing as I left...but a top day again.
Off on a big silver paraffin parrot Monday, so back reporting next year. All the best guys...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
There's more to fishing than catching fish...
sandside assassin

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Re: Life's still a beach...!!

Postby Terrybrown » 30 Nov 2016, 20:10

Unlucky, but great pictures and report :thumb:
Hardcore Addict

Postby Shane ousby » 30 Nov 2016, 20:58

Top report sharpey as ever :thumb: better luck next time for you..or should I say next year :gp: :thumb:
Tommorow is promised to no one...we plan...GOD laughs.
Hardcore Addict

Postby shacky » 30 Nov 2016, 21:34

Good day for it and Good company too :thumb: Shame the fish didn't show up for you, though the food made up for it. Top report and pics as always :clap: :gp:
<º))))><
Global Moderator

Postby Slanester » 01 Dec 2016, 07:18

Unlucky mate. Not like you to get a double session of blank at Arnside(no not a p;ss take) I bet your ears were ringing after a session with Tel :blah: :blah: :blah: We will hit it hard when you get back. Have a great time down under,and all the best for the festive season.
Hardcore Addict

Postby Surfblaster » 01 Dec 2016, 08:42

Great photos and sounds like a hilarious enjoyable session...
Species Hunt 2018 Whiting...Dab...Cod...Plaice...Flounder...Bass...Weever...Sole...Tope...Rockling...

2017 Whiting...Rockling...Flounder...Dab...Plaice...Dogfish...Bass...Sole...Pouting
Almost an Addict

Postby sharpey » 01 Dec 2016, 08:56

Slanester wrote:Unlucky mate. Not like you to get a double session of blank at Arnside(no not a p;ss take) I bet your ears were ringing after a session with Tel :blah: :blah: :blah: We will hit it hard when you get back. Have a great time down under,and all the best for the festive season.

Cheers Sean, same to you all...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
There's more to fishing than catching fish...
sandside assassin

Postby pros » 01 Dec 2016, 10:16

Great report as ever Sharpey. All the best for Christmas and New Year, have a great trip.
Hardcore Addict

Postby rob f » 01 Dec 2016, 10:29

Unlucky on the blank mate :banghead: but great pics and report :thumb:
2023 SPECIES HUNT
Dab, Whiting, 5 bearded rockling, Flounder, Thornback ray, Shanny, Silver eel, Doggie, Tub Gurnard, Coley, Pollock, Starry Smooth-hound, Plaice, Weever, Tope. Mackerel. Turbot. Dover sole.
mersey maestro

Postby liphook » 01 Dec 2016, 12:29

Nice butty :thumb: Will we not see a series of fish filled reports from down under S? Enjoy your holiday mate :cheer:
Hardcore Addict

Next

Return to North West Sea Fishing Reports