It is currently 14 Aug 2020, 17:12

Last season this seasons gear

Forum for plugging and spinning discussion. Using poppers, plugs, spinners and shads to catch Bass Pollack Cod and all other saltwater predators.

Last season this seasons gear

Postby abbo » 27 Feb 2019, 14:24

Last seasons buys:
I spend about a grand most pre seasons. Last year I was delighted with my purchases. A Simm's guide wading jacket. It still looks like new and performed brilliantly.

The Orvis Boa Pivot boots were a dream buy. All wading boots should be like this . Light, comfy, good grip with posi studs. Easy to get on and off with the stainless steel laces including a pop out pivot system. 10/10 FOR ME, MY BEST BUY.

The Vision zipped Ikon waders from Diver Dave's were also fantastic. They didn't leak. yeyyyy. Dave, lathers them with a layer of glue. They fit great, are extremely comfortable. When you want a pee, it's easy. Anglers worry the zip will leak - well, mine didn't.

My blue trendy Maui Jim's were a joy to use. I've said it before they make the world look a more beautiful place. Great clear vision for water and the surroundings.

This seasons buys:
This season I'm looking to buy the Penn Slammer 111 3500. I was concerned the additional 100g weight difference with my current Calidas would bother my. I just have to get used to it - if it does.

Buying a spare spool is an added expense, I don't like but, hey ho . It's a must if your a wind knot champion

A new Tenryu Swat 9 7" 8-35g will be winging it's way to me. Having broken the butt on my old one. I now have a spare tip. Therefore, it's a no brainer. A good rod that, I enjoy using. Not many other rods out there with this quality, including a cork handle which, is a must for me.

I did consider the HTO shore-game and the new Tailwalk Eginn 9-6. But, for my cork handle fetish, I may have purchased one.

Another pair of Maui Jims purchased in copper bronze . I like this colour for the mornings.

Not for me
I'm considering selling my Go Pro silver 4 hero. Never really enjoyed using it- a lot of faffing about for my liking. I might buy something else.
Hardcore Addict

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Re: Last season this seasons gear

Postby Shane ousby » 27 Feb 2019, 19:22

Now you’ve sorted out your parrots and monkeys Abbo ....look forward to your bass fishing reports this season :thumb: :victory:
Tommorow is promised to no one...we plan...GOD laughs.
Hardcore Addict

Postby liphook » 27 Feb 2019, 21:07

:gp: and good info Abbo :thumb: I can also vouch for the work of Diver Dave - he's the man for breathable wader supply and repair. Glad you had better luck with Simms waterproofs than I did :whistle:
Hardcore Addict

Postby benhben » 25 Mar 2019, 14:09

Thats some spending each season!! Quality gear though!

Did you manage any lure fishing over the winter? What time of year do you start at it again?
Almost an Addict

Postby abbo » 01 Apr 2019, 12:44

benhben wrote:Thats some spending each season!! Quality gear though!

Did you manage any lure fishing over the winter? What time of year do you start at it again?

Hi Ben,

I went out last week and blanked I don't normally fish this early but, the weather / tides were good.
There was no bait fish or indeed any fish jumping . The sea was still asleep.

Things will pick up down the Lyn Pennisula in the next two weeks when the sea temp reaches 9.4 and greater.

Angelsey currently has a glut of schoolies in certain areas - they usually get them earlier than where I fish.

I don't Lure fish in the winter. Needs to be warmish for me. I have to travel 2 hours to my marks so need to be in with a chance of some action for the effort and cost of getting there.

Good luck for the season dude
Hardcore Addict

Return to Saltwater Lure fishing - Spinning and Plugging