It is currently 22 Oct 2020, 12:36

Lancaster Canal 15/07/19

General Coarse fishing and Carp forum.

Lancaster Canal 15/07/19

Postby James Mully » 15 Jul 2019, 21:56

With the eldest lad at work not having much luck with the sea fishing recently I decided to clamber up into my loft at home and dust some of my coarse gear off to keep him interested in fishing. Armed with 2 float rods between us and a pint of mixed maggots we set about fishing a stretch of the Lancaster canal just outside of Galgate towards Lancaster. Whilst we tackled up I started to feed a steady trickle of maggots to get the fish competing as it was obvious they were high up in the water not massive fish but stuff to keep Callum interested. It was fish from the off and it was good sport fishing the waggler at various depths with size 12 hooks (Only ones left in my box) the little roach were near enough suicidal and more than comfortable to nail a size 12. Boat traffic was a pain and it killed the swim instantly but it did not take them long to get back on the feed. I've not coarse fished in over 3 years and not float fished in over 5 so it was great to be back doing what I did all my childhood. Will definatly be having another go now the weather is nice. We ended up with around 20 fish between us in 3.5 hours so not bad going for our first outing.

Ta James
Hardcore Addict

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Re: Lancaster Canal 15/07/19

Postby Shane ousby » 16 Jul 2019, 20:14

Well in James and Callum quality time with the lad mate :thumb: :victory:
Tommorow is promised to no one...we plan...GOD laughs.
Hardcore Addict

Re: Lancaster Canal 15/07/19

Postby joiner8212 » 17 Jul 2019, 19:28

A change is as good as a rest at times and a good result with getting back into course fishing will be doing the same if the sea fishing doesn't pick up.
Hardcore Addict

Return to Coarse and Carp