It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 23:58

Knott End low water

Sea fishing Venue guides and information for where to fish around the UK. Uk sea fishing marks.

Knott End low water

Postby StevieA » 11 Jul 2019, 11:32

Thinking of trying low water at Knott End on Saturday (4.06pm 8.1/2.1m tide). I've read it's quite a walk out to the channel, but do you go out west, parallel to the ferry slip, or north from the Esplanade across the main band of sands? Never fished here - anything else I should know? Thanks!
2019 Species Hunt: whiting, five bearded rockling, codling, dogfish, flounder, plaice, dab, thornback ray, silver eel, starry smooth-hound, bass, common smooth-hound, Dover sole, tope
Hardcore Addict

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Re: Knott End low water

Postby shacky » 11 Jul 2019, 15:43

If you’ve not been out there before. DON’T go solo !. You can get cut off with an incoming tide. Its much safer to fish around the slipway area.
Even better jump on the ferry and fish the Fleetwood side. You don’t have to walk far when off the ferry. Also check the return times. Nice shingle bank and you’ve no need to cast miles.
You need flow in the Wyre, slack water is a dead loss, either high or low. Peeler is by far best bait, as the crab activity is high. Flounder, Plaice, Eels, Codling, Whiting and Scorpion fish reside.
Good luck whatever you decide :thumb:
<º))))><
Global Moderator

Re: Knott End low water

Postby StevieA » 11 Jul 2019, 23:46

Many thanks for the info. The ferry/bus times don't coincide well this Sat so I'll prob just fish near the slipway at low water as you suggest and try the Fleetwood side another time.
2019 Species Hunt: whiting, five bearded rockling, codling, dogfish, flounder, plaice, dab, thornback ray, silver eel, starry smooth-hound, bass, common smooth-hound, Dover sole, tope
Hardcore Addict

Return to Where to Sea Fish