It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 15:41

Killington Lake

General Coarse fishing and Carp forum.

Killington Lake

Postby sharpey » 22 Sep 2017, 12:04

Very handy for the M6 off J37, Killington Lake is a Kent Angling water that can be fished on a day ticket for a fiver. It hold Perch, pike, the odd trout? and a good head of roach. I'd not fished it for some time, but with our local waters slowing a little, decided to give it a go. One thing you do need for Killington is a decent weather forecast. To say it's exposed is being kind. So, weather set fair, gear ready night before, only requirement a feeder rod and couple of pints of maggots. Tactics-maggot feeder, maggot on hook and chuck it a good distance, then wait.
Slight hiccup first thing Tuesday morning was the temperature dropping to 3 degrees. And if it's 3 at home, it's near freezing up there by the lake..!!! But, undaunted and still stupid at 66, off I went. A pleasant surprise on arrival...
Flat calm, blue cool skies and place to myself which I sort of expected!!! Minimal gear, chair, bag, bait. Through the gate by the main car park and straight to the shore. Very surprised at how low it was after recent rains..??
So, set up, feeder arm on the chair, ( don't think you'd get a bank stick in that ground..!!) ready to go. First cast, not a twitch. Usual apprehension sets in...but from second chuck, tip never still..!!!
Feisty little stripey, followed by others in rapid succession.
ImageImageImageImage
One or two of the bites were crackers..!! Rod pulled right round and the culprits were some lovely roach.
ImageImage
They just kept coming. Great fun till 2.15 then had to leave. Great sport for a £5 note and a box of maggots.
Will return soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
There's more to fishing than catching fish...
sandside assassin

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Re: Killington Lake

Postby sharpey » 22 Sep 2017, 12:07

Seem to have inadvertently duplicated a couple of pics. Ho hum....[emoji847]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
There's more to fishing than catching fish...
sandside assassin

Postby liphook » 22 Sep 2017, 14:21

Good to see Killington still has form S :thumb: Does look remarkably low though? Canal repairs perhaps?
Hardcore Addict

Postby Shane ousby » 22 Sep 2017, 17:42

Top report and pics sharpey ...another good read on the course side of life mate.. :thumb: :fish:
Tommorow is promised to no one...we plan...GOD laughs.
Hardcore Addict

Postby shacky » 22 Sep 2017, 18:16

Well in Sharpey, excellent days fishing :clap: Top post and pics as ever :thumb: :gp:
Makes me want to go and drown some maggots :fishing:
<º))))><
Global Moderator

Postby pros » 23 Sep 2017, 16:22

Nice report and pictures thank you Mr Sharp.
Hardcore Addict

Return to Coarse and Carp