It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 06:55

Just for the North Pier Buffs

You can talk about any topic here.
*WARNING* some threads may contain discussion only suitable for adults.
Please bear in mind our viewers come from diverse backgrounds. Any racist comments will be met with a zero tolerance policy.

Re: Just for the North Pier Buffs

Postby tarmacduck » 07 Dec 2019, 10:42

That is very thought provoking, did you catch Paul ? I remember gathering in a large room adjacent to the little tackle shop. Looking again at the photo how close together we fished, if some body did that on the Gynn there would be rod rests flying. The photo was published in the Blackpool Gazzette my mum wrote to them and secured a copy. Who remembers Bob Gledhils fishing reports think it was Friday or possibly Saturday nights I really looked forward to reading them.
Everything is OK
Hardcore Addict

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Postby Paul R » 07 Dec 2019, 11:28

Not sure if I caught on that occasion Barry,plenty of tangles when the open was on.my dad won it in the 70s when abu sponsored it through bryan Ogden tackle shop on church st blackpool he won a 484 rod and a descent cash prize. Fished with Bob gledhill 70s / 80s ciu matches and winter league. He went on a few coach trips to Scotland fishing in the 70s when the clyde was at it's best.good reporter and angler.
Hardcore Addict

Postby shacky » 07 Dec 2019, 11:32

Yeah I remember Bob Gledhills reports. I used to pinch the gazette off my parents every saturday. Winter time was best, in those days if you didn’t catch a Cod over 15lbs it never made the news. There were loads over the 20lb mark. I remember Gobba catching one, low water at Rossall, if I remember rightly it weighed a staggering 32lbs :o
Those were the days :fishing: :fish: :thumb:
<º))))><
Global Moderator

Postby shacky » 07 Dec 2019, 17:47

E29FFF69-AD50-4BEB-B0AE-ABE38298CC81.jpeg

Bit before my time this one. Anyone we know?
<º))))><
Global Moderator

Previous

Return to Banter Boardroom