It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 02:23

Introduction.

You can talk about any topic here.
*WARNING* some threads may contain discussion only suitable for adults.
Please bear in mind our viewers come from diverse backgrounds. Any racist comments will be met with a zero tolerance policy.

Introduction.

Postby Captain Bloodaxe » 28 May 2019, 19:13

Hello

I would like to introduce myself, I’m Captain Bloodaxe (Phil). Named after a character from the old Fighting Fantasy books from the 1980s. Ohhh I’m sooo old now. I used to paint the whole world with a rainbow and now I can’t be arsed.

Anyway I have just got into saltwater fishing. Something about casting into the big wide blue has gripped me. I have six hours under my belt so I’m wet behind the ears, big time. I have caught zilch. I was told sea fishing can get you sexy ladies, I haven’t caught any of those either. Though I get the feeling I may have been lied too.

I have been down to New Brighton and Moreton Shore but nowhere further afield. I currently own two beach caster rods and one Okuma Dead Ringer spinner. I have been using black lug, sand eel, Peeler Crab and squid.

I supposed it is now just experience that I need. I just feel a bit self-conscious at the moment. I’m still trying to navigate the basics and equipment.

Anyway I just thought I would introduce myself. Feel free to advise me on fishing or women.
I did get a cap with fishing written on it so I’m thinking I’m moving in the right direction.

I would like to thank the guys down at Bonners, thanks for the rig and advice. They were very helpful and if you still recommend I use a grenade let me know. I'll pop in.

Thanks Folks
Trainee Addict

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Re: Introduction.

Postby billbob » 28 May 2019, 20:12

Welcome aboard, that was a very colourful introduction. Don't know if you have treated yourself to a tripod yet but you may find one of those useful.
2022 Species, Flounder, Plaice, Dab,
Hardcore Addict

Postby Captain Bloodaxe » 28 May 2019, 22:09

I picked up an Imax FR Surf light this weekend. I forgot to mention that. It looks really sturdy the only thing is it is not telescopic so it takes up some room in the car. I was using some cheap plastic Chinese one with folding wire type arms. Not up to much.

I was going to ask is there any good beach fishing such as Formby, Southport, Blackpool, Morecambe, etc?

Because I'm new I wouldn't want to go out somewhere I get stuck. I read somewhere that sinking sand can be quite prevalent in certain areas. Also in the future, I would like to do some evening or night fishing. Any ideas on areas?
Trainee Addict

Postby Captain Bloodaxe » 28 May 2019, 23:05

I also wanted to just clear some things up about tide times. For example, when it gives you a high tide time, how would you plan your fishing for that day? i.e. How much time would you give yourself to set up and settle to start? The other questions are if you had your high tide time but you wanted to gather bait before you set and settle how much time would you give yourself?

I apologise if these questions seem a bit simple.
Trainee Addict

Postby liphook » 29 May 2019, 19:19

Hello Bloodaxe and welcome to AA :thumb:
Your local tackle shop will be a greal source of info as will the many YouTube tutorial videos. I'd also recommend a copy of the Fox Guide to Modern Shore Angling - you should find a 2nd hand copy on ebay. There's a venue/mark guide on here that's a mine of great info. I'd also suggest you join a local club and again your local tackle shop should be able to advise you on that. ATB
Hardcore Addict

Postby shacky » 29 May 2019, 19:41

Welcome aboard young man :wave:
I think Liphook his it covered :thumb:
Have fun, stay safe and Catch fish :fish:
<º))))><
Global Moderator

Postby Captain Bloodaxe » 29 May 2019, 21:00

Thanks very much for the information folks. That is very kind and appreciated.

Fingers crossed that I catch my first fish soon.

:victory:
Trainee Addict

Postby liphook » 31 May 2019, 15:57

Hopefully you'll have seen the YouTube channel created by our own JohnSLocker? If you click on 'New Posts' button He's just uploaded plenty! It's worth subscribing to - even seasoned anglers are constantly learning and that's one of the sports main appeals to me - there's more than a lifetime of learning to be had. Enjoy
Hardcore Addict

Postby Captain Bloodaxe » 01 Jun 2019, 12:39

I have I've watched a bunch by The Fish Locker, TA Fishing & Saltwater Angler. Brilliant.

I also ordered a copy of that book from AbeBooks for £3.

I have also noticed that once you get into angling you want to buy everything.

Good job I have no wife or kids or I would be in big trouble.
Trainee Addict

Return to Banter Boardroom