It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 09:47

Horseport River Avon Dorset

General Coarse fishing and Carp forum.

Horseport River Avon Dorset

Postby skatenchips » 18 Jun 2017, 21:17

Having joined Christchurch Angling Club this season just for a change I decided to try another section of the River Avon called Horseport near Fordingbridge.

It is only around 600yds long with about 8 pegs worth trying,winter Roach and Barbel are the main target
but I was just there to see whats what............

Tried 1 hour late morning with rolled meat but no takes in the fast water,but fun to try things at a new venue.........

I decided on Hemp and Caster on the float in about 9 feet of water it took about 30 mins of steady feeding before I had my 1st fish of the day and it was a clonking Dace about 10oz lovely spirited fight in the fast paced water.........

had a few more Dace then this Trout turned up and danced around in the swim ...well lively..!!!!

Slowing the double caster down through the peg resulted in my one and only Roach of the day
but a good sign of things to come from this venue if this 1lb Red Fin is anything to go by.....

Had a steady stream of Trout caught 7 and lost a couple of clonkers...never mind..not too bothered.

The venue also had a small pond albeit well weeded but it didn't stop the resident cows from getting a well earned drink plus cooling their bodies,i kept having to shoo the beggers away from trampling on my brolley as it keeping me cool out of the sun today...........

around 4pm I was getting roasted so decide to up the feed for the last 20 mins incase any Chub were about and the float sunk and my 1st Chub of the new season finally surfaced after leading me through the weeds a couple of times............not big @ 3lb 2oz but very welcome.

id had enough by 5pm as it was so hot and the fish had gone right off the feed anyway.
so settled for 7 Trout 1 Chub and around 25 Dace plus the 1 Roach for around 17lb in all so
certainly happy with the afternoons variety of species to introduce me to this new venue.

heres a sample of the catch in my landing net top.................

Ill be Back !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gazza
Hardcore Addict

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Re: Horseport River Avon Dorset

Postby shacky » 18 Jun 2017, 21:34

Cracking session Gazza :clap: Plenty of mixed species to keep you busy :thumb: super pictures and report :gp:
<º))))><
Global Moderator

Re: Horseport River Avon Dorset

Postby sharpey » 18 Jun 2017, 22:55

Top fishing mate, you really do have some variety down there. Great report....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
There's more to fishing than catching fish...
sandside assassin

Return to Coarse and Carp