It is currently 03 Jun 2020, 01:15

High tide yesterday

East coast fishing Forum - Covering Norfolk, Suffolk and Lincolnshire. Lowestoft, Great Yarmouth, Felixstowe, Cromer, Skegness

High tide yesterday

Postby pros » 22 May 2020, 09:26

Hi guys.

Went back to my new local spot this time to fish up to high tide. The local tackle shop is now trading but he had no worm bait. I have spotted a potential pumping area, but that is for another day (dodgy shoulder at the moment).

I started off with small squid baits on size 2 hooks and got a dab first cast and then 2 more over the next hour. Local people I have quizzed assure me that there are thornies to be caught here so I concentrated on sardine and squid wraps on 3/0 hooks but to no avail. Just after high 2 flounders managed to impale them selves on the 3/0's and that was it.

Its all a learning curve and one thing I learn't was that on a tide much bigger than today you would be pushed under the cliff and cramped for casting room. It all looks a bit unstable to.

There is another drawback with this spot and that is the 150 steps to negotiate down and back. I'm thinking of selling the bike and just fish here twice a week.

Hopefully some pics. of the day.

Stay safe guys.

DSC_0456.JPG

DSC_0455.JPG

DSC_0461.JPG

DSC_0463.JPG
Hardcore Addict

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Re: High tide yesterday

Postby rob f » 22 May 2020, 16:51

Well done Pete a couple of :fish: :fish: for your effort . I don't think I would of managed them steps going back up :crazy: Thanks for the report and good luck on your next session :thumb:
2020 SPECIES HUNT
Whiting. Thornback ray. Cod. Dab. Dogfish. Tope.
mersey maestro

Postby shacky » 22 May 2020, 19:27

Still catching Peter and that’s good :fishing: :clap: keep it up and we’ll see some specimens. Well done :gp:
I don’t fancy the step either.
<º))2020))><..Flounder, Whiting, Dab, Plaice, Common Smoothound, Starry Smoothound, Lesser Weaver..<º))))><
Global Moderator

Postby Padsta Tel » 22 May 2020, 21:37

Looks a nice venue well done getting a few fish. :gp: :gp: :gp: :gp: :gp:
15lb Salmon Bolton Market
A box of kippers <Lsle of Man>
Acouple of Mackeral Asda
Cod at our local chippy
Fisherman from hell

Postby Shane ousby » 23 May 2020, 11:55

Well done pros :thumb: you will have your large pack on your back full of your gear running up and down them steps by July....fit as a butchers dog :yeah2: :gp:
Tommorow is promised to no one...we plan...GOD laughs.
Hardcore Addict

Postby Paul R » 23 May 2020, 12:13

Looks a good area to fish Pete, well done :clap: :clap:
Hardcore Addict

Return to East Coast Sea Fishing Reports