It is currently 25 May 2020, 03:01

Heysham Bass Nursery - Update

Re: Heysham Bass Nursery - Update

Postby Mike T » 17 Dec 2012, 22:29

the problem with that ruth is that you can easily walk on the beach at low water and onto the outflows and wait for high water, its a very difficult one to police really the only way there going to stop the illegal fisherman is to put a total ban there and anyone in that area would be arrested for trespassing,

like i said its sad that they have to do this as i think its a good venue for beginers, as for the rubbish no excuse for that at all can't stand litter, i agree news paper is fine to go in the sea as it bio degradable (i work in a waste paper factory lol) but anything other than that is plain wrong and should be fined as if you would be in the street for droppin your fag end :thumb:
2014, species, codling, whiting, dab, blenny, flounder, bass 41cm, thornback ray on lrf tackle in morecambe bay off the shore. smoothound in heysham. plaice 2lb 1oz nasty weaver.
King of the North Wall

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Postby kyle » 18 Dec 2012, 10:20

Mike T wrote:the problem with that ruth is that you can easily walk on the beach at low water and onto the outflows and wait for high water, its a very difficult one to police really the only way there going to stop the illegal fisherman is to put a total ban there and anyone in that area would be arrested for trespassing,

like i said its sad that they have to do this as i think its a good venue for beginers, as for the rubbish no excuse for that at all can't stand litter, i agree news paper is fine to go in the sea as it bio degradable (i work in a waste paper factory lol) but anything other than that is plain wrong and should be fined as if you would be in the street for droppin your fag end :thumb:

Tresspass is not a crime it is a civil matter mate this Would mean extra scurity but then all thay can do is ask them to move on all thay can do is move the fence on the prom and make it part of the power station then add the armd police as for walking out to low well this is a hole diffrent matter

species hunt 2012 dab/whitin/codling/bass/flounder/tope pup/
Ginga Ninja

Postby Kev » 25 Jan 2013, 15:28

I received this today on the Wirral site....

Alasdair Lindop, NWIFCA Science and Commmunications Officer

25/01/2013
MARINE AND COASTAL ACCESS ACT 2009

BYELAW 5

The North Western Inshore Fisheries and Conservation Authority (NWIFCA) has made a new Byelaw prohibiting all fishing for sea fish in the area known as the Heysham Bass Nursery Area. A full copy of the byelaw is available free from NWIFCA office or website http://www.nw-ifca.gov.uk

Objections to confirmation of this byelaw should be sent in writing within 28 days of publication of this notice to: NWIFCA, 1 Preston Street, Carnforth LA5 9BY or office@nw-ifca.gov.uk AND Marine Conservation and Enforcement Team, MMO, PO Box1275, Newcastle NE99 5BN or IFCAbyelaws@marinemanagement.org.
The Special One

Postby Padsta Tel » 25 Jan 2013, 16:11

Great stuff anglers will now have to hunt for there Bass instead of them jumping into there boxes. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
15lb Salmon Bolton Market
A box of kippers <Lsle of Man>
Acouple of Mackeral Asda
Cod at our local chippy
Fisherman from hell

Postby Paul » 25 Jan 2013, 18:49

Cheers for that Kev... :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Just checked my email and i have the same... good of them to let everyone know!! :thumb:
Solar powered fisherman

Postby kyle » 26 Jan 2013, 22:36

by the look of that map that means the LMS is out too ???
Ginga Ninja

Postby Rushy » 26 Jan 2013, 22:40

kyle wrote:by the look of that map that means the LMS is out too ???

And the south roundhead
Make a difference - take home one piece of someone's angling litter next time you are out fishing
Political Activist

Postby kyle » 26 Jan 2013, 22:43

gutted about the lms it was a good little spot if you wanted a chilled little sesh
Ginga Ninja

Postby Paul » 26 Jan 2013, 22:54

I think LMS is literally on the boundary.... the line runs through the leading lights of the harbour... you would have to go down and checkwhich side of the leading lights you were on ??? Think you would just be outside of the boundary on the right hand side ??? check first though ;)
Solar powered fisherman

Postby kyle » 26 Jan 2013, 23:00

cheers mate i will take a look hope its not i like the lms on a nice summers night
Ginga Ninja

PreviousNext

Return to Angling Politics and Conservation