It is currently 19 Mar 2024, 06:21

HEADLIGHT CHARGER(POSS FIRE RISK)

Tried something new? Or had a product that has stood the test of time?? Why not write a review to help other with future purchases!!

Re: HEADLIGHT CHARGER(POSS FIRE RISK)

Postby thairover » 21 Apr 2015, 00:06

I bought the nitecore a few weeks ago just for piece of mind, batteries definately charge to their full capacity, giving me around 2hrs burn as opposed to 1.5 previously with the charger supplied, the best feature is that you can put batteries in with differing charge left in them knowing the one with the most will switch off when complete.
5* from me!.
Born to live, worked to live, gone fishing
Hardcore Addict

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Postby peelicrab » 09 Nov 2015, 11:56

I've just seen this post and being a sparky I just have to comment on my idea of the OP's original first post . Firstly looking at the picture of the charging unit itself it must have a built in transformer/adaptor in the charger unit itself as it looks like it uses a 230volt 2 pin foreign adaptor to the mains outlet . Alarm bells should ring on these as sometimes cheap imported chargers and adapters do not come with a fuse fitted or have thermal protection , this is a possible cause of the fault but to cause the fault in the charger itself must have come from the batteries themselves IMO . I'll explain .... when you use a lithium battery it is recommended that you change the head torch battery AS SOON as it starts to become weak , I.e. When your head light STARTS to go dim , this is to prevent over discharge of the battery and reduce problems when recharging the cells . Thermal protection is a must when using straight mains chargers like these IMO , the ones that use a quality usb charger (like an Apple iPad/iPhone charger) are far superior in my opinion but still being fused and thermally protected , but they still don't monitor voltages and capacity ect.. So as said above .... the ones like the Nitecore chargers are simply superb and are fully fitted with all kinds of circuitry to prevent overcharge , wrong polarity ect... I would go for one of these types if I was concerned about a cheap Chinese item . Obviously the better quality batteries are expensive but my Ultrafire 18650 batteries 8600ma have been superb as they have been charged by a superb charger like the one mentioned , hope this helps , Andy
He who dares wins Rodders
Hardcore Addict

Postby skatenchips » 12 Nov 2015, 14:03

For your info gerrys do not sell the headlight/charger combo any longer over fire concerns.or so one of the staff told me......

Where can you source the night core chargers as I've got 10 ultra fire batteries that need a good charger..?
Hardcore Addict

Postby peelicrab » 12 Nov 2015, 16:19

eBay , look to pay around £17 quid for an Lcd display model (2 x 18650 batteries) D2 nightcore :thumb:
Hardcore Addict

Postby skatenchips » 12 Nov 2015, 22:42

cheers fella................ :thumb:
Hardcore Addict

Postby peelicrab » 14 Nov 2015, 14:59

Here's my D2 , it's been superb :thumb:

Hardcore Addict