It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 08:19

Heading out on a boat from Fleetwood next Sunday.

Discussion board for any boating related items from Boat maintenance to fishing techniques for anglers afloat.

Heading out on a boat from Fleetwood next Sunday.

Postby BigBadCol » 08 Apr 2013, 07:57

Good morning all my 1st post n I'm seeking advice.
As the title suggest (weather permitting) I hope to be heading out next Sunday. My main target will be plaice (never caught 1) can anyone offer any advice on rigs, bait n stuff ?

Thanks in advance

Col
Hardcore Addict

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Re: Heading out on a boat from Fleetwood next Sunday.

Postby HOBTOBHALL » 08 Apr 2013, 11:23

Hi Col
I'm not a boat fisherman myself but back in the old days of fishing from a pier or boat the old patenosters was the killer flat fish tackle they used to be made of steel or brass and any one reading this and knows what I mean is as old or older than me l o l . I used to go patting as a boy you would wadi till the tide went out and collect all the snapped lines and patenosters that got caught round the north pier jetty when it was there. :lol:
Sorry went off on one then down memory lane. You can still get patenosters but there more modern nowadays made of mono line swivels and beads best going to Gerrys fishing shop sure he will put you right. I used to make rig that that had three hooks on it but it had three booms coming out and I put the plastic from the outside of electrical cable over it to push the out.
Bait wise I have been catching on fresh black but take all you can even tip the worm with a cockle or mackerel bait. If you can get some crab then you may even catch an early smooth hound plaice skate or bass.

Good luck mate keep us informed
Almost an Addict

Postby TazMan » 08 Apr 2013, 11:45

Here is a great video on catching plaice from a boat good luck mate

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wICRz7zIBWo&list=UUtElDjbNvNG9UkhC-T54HJA&index=33[/youtube]
Almost an Addict

Postby OldhamAndy » 08 Apr 2013, 13:38

Had 5 on the boat last Saturday, the rigs I used were a 3 down flowwing with size 2 hooks and a wishbone rig, there are some good rigs here http://www.fish-jensen.co.uk/rigs_and_traces.htm all tried and tested with good results :thumb:
Species2014:Whiting,Codling,Flounder,Dab
Hardcore Addict

Postby BigBadCol » 11 Apr 2013, 19:42

Thank you very much guys that's a massive help, I'll post my report up After we get back to let you know how I go on.

Cheers

Col
Hardcore Addict

Return to Boat Fishing Information