It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 13:09

Gynn wall, all of it

Northwest Sea fishing forum - Shore fishing catch reports for Lancashire, Cumbria, Blackpool, Fleetwood, Morecambe, Liverpool and Mersey, Cumbria & the Isle of man.

Gynn wall, all of it

Postby burnley-steve » 09 Oct 2017, 09:51

Wasn't actually fishing yesterday but the mrs and I, along with our pooch walked from red bank road all way up to gynn and saw a fair amount of fish coming out.

Spoke to a couple at red bank who had a 7lb thorny out. Another guy a bit further south had a 2lb whiting and also saw a chap pull out a small turbot up near to go karts.

From what I can gather by chatting it was hit and miss with some hitting the fish and others not, my bet being bait. Seemed the fish I referred to had either mackerel or squid tips. :thumb:

One other point, take a walk one day along the top and look at the gullies and sandbanks from up high, I saw so much more from up there on way back from gynn to RB road and will fish somewhere different next time down on the gynn unless a storm comes along and changes everything.
Hardcore Addict

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Re: Gynn wall, all of it

Postby rob f » 09 Oct 2017, 10:32

I fished along the gynn and like you said , at the moment it just hit or miss on what you catch . thanks for the report :thumb:
2023 SPECIES HUNT
Dab, Whiting, 5 bearded rockling, Flounder, Thornback ray, Shanny, Silver eel, Doggie, Tub Gurnard, Coley, Pollock, Starry Smooth-hound, Plaice, Weever, Tope. Mackerel. Turbot. Dover sole.
mersey maestro

Postby liphook » 09 Oct 2017, 11:00

You can't beat a good recce Steve :thumb: A 2lb whiting is enormous for the Fylde!
Hardcore Addict

Postby bob1 » 10 Oct 2017, 09:46

Great result mate nice whiting well done :thumb:
Hardcore Addict

Postby jonniace » 10 Oct 2017, 23:11

Its good to hear of such variety being caught, it is what keeps us going. :gp:
Hardcore Addict

Return to North West Sea Fishing Reports