It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 16:59

Gynn Wall 21/7

Northwest Sea fishing forum - Shore fishing catch reports for Lancashire, Cumbria, Blackpool, Fleetwood, Morecambe, Liverpool and Mersey, Cumbria & the Isle of man.

Gynn Wall 21/7

Postby Sir Humphrey Rtd » 21 Jul 2016, 15:59

After Tuesday's Weaver-fest wasn't optimistic but had agreed to fish session on the Gynn this morning with one of my mates from the Blackpool Fed League.

Got down there about three hours before high and decided to fish further up than normal on the St Stephens Rd area as there is a bit more stone showing on the beach.

Conditions 2.jpg
Conditions 2.jpg (16.13 KiB) Viewed 848 times

Fished usual two rods one with flapper rigs for flatties and the other with a Loop Rig (1/0 and 2/0) to see if the hounds were still about.

First honours went to Tommy with a nice Sole (30cm) on worm but was back before camera could come out.

After an fishless hour and a half starting to panic but what I thought was weed pulling me loose was in fact a doubletake of a smoothound (6lb 3oz) and a tope pup.

Hound being displayed by Tommy as he couldn't get the camera to work on my phone or at least that was his excuse.

1st Smoothound.jpg
1st Smoothound.jpg (20.85 KiB) Viewed 848 times

Shortly after Tommy decided to catch a hound of his own around the same weight but with better markings.

Tommys Smoothound.jpg
Tommys Smoothound.jpg (25.09 KiB) Viewed 848 times

Had another take but lost it when the knot gave on bottom snood :banghead: :banghead: (note to self next time test the knots properly :doh: :doh: )

Anyhow just before high had another take as I was baiting up spare rig and nearly lost my rod and the butt shot in the air and was only stopped from going over when the reel hit the wall :hurt:

Grabbed rod and another hound finally hand balled up the wall and a lad who had stopped for a :blah: :blah: could operate the camera

2nd Smoothound.jpg
2nd Smoothound.jpg (22.46 KiB) Viewed 848 times

This one tipped scales at 5lb 10oz, carried on for another hour and a half but nothing on the ebb.

Hounds all came to crab.
Hardcore Addict

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Re: Gynn Wall 21/7

Postby rob f » 21 Jul 2016, 16:59

Cracking session guys and well done on the hounds :clap: I hope they there tomorrow
2023 SPECIES HUNT
Dab, Whiting, 5 bearded rockling, Flounder, Thornback ray, Shanny, Silver eel, Doggie, Tub Gurnard, Coley, Pollock, Starry Smooth-hound, Plaice, Weever, Tope. Mackerel. Turbot. Dover sole.
mersey maestro

Postby Mosstrooper » 21 Jul 2016, 17:03

interesting about your snood knot loosening. this happened to me THREE Times today! three times i reeled in with nothing on and the hook was gone ? are the crabs nipping the hooks and knots. i can't beleive i mis tied my knots 3 times. strange.
2018 species; weed, plastic bag, weed, somebodies line, the pier (twice), half a tree, poop bag (full) and some burst ballons.
Hardcore Addict

Postby shacky » 21 Jul 2016, 19:11

What a belting session Byan :clap: Can't keep you off the wall at the moment :fishing: :yeah2: Super hounds, Well done mate :thumb:
Great to see me old mate Mr Tate still wetting a line :wave:
You've spoiled me for choice what to fish for on sunday ???
Super report & pics as usual :gp:
<º))))><
Global Moderator

Postby grandadruss » 21 Jul 2016, 19:35

Great session Bryan and a spot on report and pics as always.
Well done on the hounds :gp: :gp:
Species hunt 2016 Saltwater -
Species hunt 2016 Freshwater-Perch-Roach-Bream-Common Carp-Tench-Rudd-Gudgeon
King of Rossall

Postby Sir Humphrey Rtd » 21 Jul 2016, 19:37

Yep Tommy still going strong, mixed messages today on the wall with reports from the Red Bank Rd end being poor with only weavers being reported.

Also got to admit fishing the wall is the easy option at the moment :D
Hardcore Addict

Postby bob1 » 22 Jul 2016, 11:01

Great session mate well done on the hounds :thumb:
Hardcore Addict

Return to North West Sea Fishing Reports