It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 01:37

Great scratching rig for almost any situation

Fishing tutorials and "how to" section. A forum for members to share their angling hints and tips.....

Great scratching rig for almost any situation

Postby JohnSLocker » 09 Dec 2018, 16:57

Here is a little video explaining one of my favourite scratching rigs. The Wessex rig or 1 up 1 down. A great rig for any beginner and should definitely be in any veteran anglers arsenal. Perfect for the beach, pier or harbour but can also be used from the boat downtiding for things like Black Bream. :D
Hardcore Addict

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Re: Great scratching rig for almost any situation

Postby Weebarra » 07 Jan 2019, 14:01

:thumb: Cheers John, Great rig, inspiring. Thank you. :clap: :gp:
Hardcore Addict

Postby JohnSLocker » 14 Jan 2019, 12:07

Weebarra wrote::thumb: Cheers John, Great rig, inspiring. Thank you. :clap: :gp:

As I say mate, I love this rig. Catches everything!! Great for almost every situation.
Hardcore Addict

Postby Weebarra » 14 Jan 2019, 20:33

:thumb: Cheers John, I’ve made 6 of these as where I fish the Mersey on the Liverpool side it’s rare I go a session without loosing at least 2 or 3 rigs.

Summer beckons and I’ll be to Scotland and if opportunity knocks may get a trip to my sisters at Bedhampton and the good sea fishing around that area.Tight Lines!
Hardcore Addict

Postby JohnSLocker » 16 Jan 2019, 03:23

Weebarra wrote::thumb: Cheers John, I’ve made 6 of these as where I fish the Mersey on the Liverpool side it’s rare I go a session without loosing at least 2 or 3 rigs.

Summer beckons and I’ll be to Scotland and if opportunity knocks may get a trip to my sisters at Bedhampton and the good sea fishing around that area.Tight Lines!

Great stuff mate. Why do you lose so much gear? Is it snaggy or is it being buried by the tide. I fished Perch rock in a comp once and if you put more than a 60 yard lob out you were completely buried within 5 mins.
Hardcore Addict

Return to How to.... Fishing tutorials