It is currently 19 Mar 2024, 08:25

Gardner casting glove

Tried something new? Or had a product that has stood the test of time?? Why not write a review to help other with future purchases!!

Re: Gardner casting glove

Postby russkea » 22 Apr 2013, 10:33

I have the new PRIDE MEDITERRANEA SURF COMPETITION 100-200G 420 it is a great rod for the money fits in the car nicely. Its best casting 4 or 5oz havent tried 200g it would probably just bend the hell out of the rod and not get the distance your looking for just short distance i have been using plain leads torpedo shape ones and they fly out at distance. The bite detection on them is unreal the smallest of fish gives a massive indication the tips do sway around in big winds but you can tell a fish bite on them as the tip just pulls right down as the wind just makes it sway around i have the penn affinity 8000 with this rod loaded with 20lb braid and is a great set up its a lot more fun aswell feeling more of a fight with the fish always feels like a big fish on gerrys of morecambe got mine in for me for £135
Hardcore Addict

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Postby smokin » 22 Apr 2013, 11:02

Interesting stuff. Must apologise for the thread hijack though. Still think reel size could be reduced though when using braid maybe a 5000 6000 size. I found my penn was best on 4oz leads too. Only really used 6 in rough conditions.
Cheers for replies
Chris
Sh1t Happens

Postby russkea » 22 Apr 2013, 11:30

smokin wrote:Interesting stuff. Must apologise for the thread hijack though. Still think reel size could be reduced though when using braid maybe a 5000 6000 size. I found my penn was best on 4oz leads too. Only really used 6 in rough conditions.
Cheers for replies
Chris

Hijacked thread ha yes i have a 6000 size reel aswell both work well to be honest
Hardcore Addict

Postby skatenchips » 22 Apr 2013, 12:27

If smaller reels are your thing Chris the Shimano Ultegra C14 XTA which I use on lighter rods is a superb
piece of kit it weighs the same as a 6500 multiplier as it is constructed from plastics opposed to alloy outer body parts and I cast 20lb braid on it around 100+ yds which is easily enough for 99% of my fishing.

yes mate,did a quick comparison......Shimano Biomaster 8000 loaded=

nearly 1lb 10 oz

and the Shimano Ultegra C14 5500 weighs.....half a pound lighter.

Gazza
Hardcore Addict

Postby smokin » 22 Apr 2013, 13:04

cracking thread this!! just been having a look on italiafishing.co.uk has anyone seen or used the alcedo reels too?

also 14' v 15' on the green line?? thoughts??

looks like the alconite rung ttld is going up for sale!!

cheers

chris
Sh1t Happens

Postby russkea » 22 Apr 2013, 13:29

smokin wrote:cracking thread this!! just been having a look on italiafishing.co.uk has anyone seen or used the alcedo reels too?

cheers

chris

Not tried the alcedo reels wouldn't mind though i think the length can be personal preference i myself wouldn't have a 15ft as I'm a short arse didn't think i would take to the 14ft pride but i have :love: :lol:
Hardcore Addict

Postby smokin » 22 Apr 2013, 13:44

russkea wrote:
smokin wrote:cracking thread this!! just been having a look on italiafishing.co.uk has anyone seen or used the alcedo reels too?

cheers

chris

Not tried the alcedo reels wouldn't mind though i think the length can be personal preference i myself wouldn't have a 15ft as I'm a short arse didn't think i would take to the 14ft pride but i have :love: :lol:

yeah i fall into the vertically challenged category too - i did sometimes find the 15'6" penn rod a bit unwieldy especially in the wind but it was a chunkier beast than these alcedo blanks.

cheers
Sh1t Happens

Postby russkea » 22 Apr 2013, 14:11

smokin wrote:
russkea wrote:

cheers

chris

yeah i fall into the vertically challenged category too - i did sometimes find the 15'6" penn rod a bit unwieldy especially in the wind but it was a chunkier beast than these alcedo blanks.

cheers

You might be ok its what your comfortable with probably get a bit more distance with the longer version the 14ft pride i have weighs about 550g i think so theres nothing to them there a joy to handle
Hardcore Addict

Postby peelicrab » 09 Jan 2016, 13:23

Just seen this thread , great review Blanko , been looking at buying one of the Gardner gloves as I'm using a finger stall at the moment , I'm sick of my index finger being shredded on longer casts with a fixed spool braid set up :thumb:
He who dares wins Rodders
Hardcore Addict

Previous

Return to Fishing Tackle Reviews