It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 00:59

Frozen Plaice

Northwest Sea fishing forum - Shore fishing catch reports for Lancashire, Cumbria, Blackpool, Fleetwood, Morecambe, Liverpool and Mersey, Cumbria & the Isle of man.

Re: Frozen Plaice

Postby Dangerousden » 22 Mar 2013, 13:06

Well done on the session , report and pics Rushy....you lads deserved that success with braving the cold weather :thumb:
Welcome to AA Will.....looking forward to reading your eports :D
I used remeber using the method of slowly reeling in your bait to entice fish back in the 60's when I used to fish low water. This was when there was a decent gulley (and plenty of plaice) at Roanhead. Might just have to get my light gear out and try out this method this year.................once the weather bucks up!
Hardcore Addict

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Postby Kev » 22 Mar 2013, 14:52

Lovely plaice boys,well deserved :cold:
The Special One

Postby skatenchips » 22 Mar 2013, 17:32

Top report Rushy,its good to see you and you mates enjoying some crackin Spotty action on a bitter day.

Superb Pictures of your Take Home Flatty Dinners.

Cheers

Gazza
Hardcore Addict

Postby rains » 22 Mar 2013, 21:29

A supa duper day for all of you. Morecombe lives up to the plaice capital of northwest.
Together is Better
Hardcore Addict

Postby Paul O » 23 Mar 2013, 00:14

what a great sesh lads especially to will on his first fishing trip and welcome to aa mate.cracking report and pitures dave,great fish as well mike
Hardcore Addict

Postby skatenchips » 23 Mar 2013, 09:44

For us Darn Sarfers,is that the lake district across morcambe bay i can see on your piccies Rushy,the mrs liked the snow topped scenery.

I'm sitting here in the warm,snowing outside at the mo, sat mornin,just had me bowl of Grool.

I bet its thick snow up Lancs to day ..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gazza
Hardcore Addict

Postby Rushy » 23 Mar 2013, 10:54

skatenchips wrote:For us Darn Sarfers,is that the lake district across morcambe bay i can see on your piccies Rushy,the mrs liked the snow topped scenery.

I'm sitting here in the warm,snowing outside at the mo, sat mornin,just had me bowl of Grool.

Gazza

Yeah, it is the Lake District Gazza, the view across Morecambe Bay can be pretty spectacular on a clear day. It's the one thing the council can't bugger up! :roll: :lol: :lol:

Make a difference - take home one piece of someone's angling litter next time you are out fishing
Political Activist

Postby rob f » 23 Mar 2013, 12:42

Rushy wrote:
skatenchips wrote:For us Darn Sarfers,is that the lake district across morcambe bay i can see on your piccies Rushy,the mrs liked the snow topped scenery.

Gazza

Yeah, it is the Lake District Gazza, the view across Morecambe Bay can be pretty spectacular on a clear day. It's the one thing the council can't bugger up! :roll: :lol: :lol:

dave is it next to the golf course where you fished i wouldn't mind giving it a go :thumb:
2023 SPECIES HUNT
Dab, Whiting, 5 bearded rockling, Flounder, Thornback ray, Shanny, Silver eel, Doggie, Tub Gurnard, Coley, Pollock, Starry Smooth-hound, Plaice, Weever, Tope. Mackerel. Turbot. Dover sole.
mersey maestro

Frozen Plaice

Postby sharpey » 23 Mar 2013, 13:05

Yes they are our lovely Lakeland hills, currently doubling as the Arctic Circle...!!! It's Baltic up here, but no snow around Kendal thankfully...
There's more to fishing than catching fish...
sandside assassin

Postby daley » 23 Mar 2013, 13:18

thats a proper good sesh rushy great pics too.
Hardcore Addict

PreviousNext

Return to North West Sea Fishing Reports