It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 17:56

Frenzy

Forum for plugging and spinning discussion. Using poppers, plugs, spinners and shads to catch Bass Pollack Cod and all other saltwater predators.

Frenzy

Postby abbo » 02 Aug 2016, 16:01

My mate Sedge Spledge and me booked a session on a rugged section of the Llynn Pennisula. A part of the Llynn, that, is wild and mostly isolated apart from a few farmers and the very occasional, hardy dog walker.

We had done a few previous reccies in the day time, so, pretty much new what to expect, at night.

Sedge, has been on a dreadful run of blanks, 'whilst I have been picking a couple of small Bass here and there, when I can get out. We looked to another area not too far from our normal hunting grounds, that, had looked promising.

Conditions looked good - we commenced fishing at 02:30 hours. Calm, clear warm sea and pitch black. I started with an IMA Born 98F wading left to right. I used this lure the previous week. Brand new first cast and caught. Once again after five minutes I was pulling in a welcome silver parcel. I'm getting to like this lure. Sedge shouting "doh that would have been mine" with just a hint of desperation and a dash of comedy. I hoped he would catch more than me tonight.

30 minutes later I had another to an IMA Nabarone in copper candy another lure that's been consistent when times have been relatively tough. Two hours after a low I had another caught using a yellow an white striped DC7.

It went quiet therefore, we moved to a bunch of elevated rocks to fish the tide in as dawn beckoned under a cloudy sky. The threatened forcasted rain didn't happen.

I don't like using the Patch unless I can see it working even if the conditions are perfect for it. As soon as it was light enough the patch went on. For the next 90 minutes it was a fish jumping at it, hitting it or fish on. Unfortunately, Sedge had the mother of all birds nests in his reel - he didn't have a spare spool:( .

Around high water the fishing tailed off, just as sedge was back in the game. However, he did manage a couple of straglers to help break his recent spell of bad luck.

A very sporty session of 16 Bass the biggest being 53cm - not big. I don't catch big but, we ended up happy with a fun filled night.

Until next time,

Cheers all.
Hardcore Addict

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Re: Frenzy

Postby craggers » 02 Aug 2016, 18:46

:gp: :gp: A nice detailed post boys plenty of action cheers for sharing :thumb:
Born to fish Forced to work
Hardcore Addict

Postby Shane ousby » 02 Aug 2016, 19:06

:gp: :gp: Brilliant report abbo from start to finish..thank you for sharing :thumb: :thumb:
Tommorow is promised to no one...we plan...GOD laughs.
Hardcore Addict

Postby hughie » 05 Aug 2016, 21:00

back in the groove with the bass then abbo. hows the fly fishing going?
LETS GO FISHING.
Rossall Bassmeister

Postby abbo » 06 Aug 2016, 09:03

Hi Hughie,

I haven't tried the fly as I intended to this summer mate. Although the Bass are harder to find this year I have done ok. But, strangely enough I'm enjoying my Lure fishing more than ever.

I will at some point give the fly a real go.
Hardcore Addict

Postby Odysseus » 03 Mar 2017, 05:03

Lovely post! Thanks for sharing :yeah2:
Trainee Addict

Return to Saltwater Lure fishing - Spinning and Plugging