It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 09:45

Fordingbridge River Avon Dace session

General Coarse fishing and Carp forum.

Fordingbridge River Avon Dace session

Postby skatenchips » 26 Sep 2017, 21:33

Got a whisper to try this slightly deeper spot across under the conker tree in Fordingbridge so with another 3 hours on the clock I set up this sarvo for a quick bash,5grm wire stem was whizzed out to run parallel with the tree branches and hemp and caster was fed from the off........

with no wind it was easy to mend the line to keep the float on track and after 10 mins I had this bullet of a sea trout.....geeeez they do an arf go........this being the best of 3 I had today.

Once the Dace were lined up I was having one a chuck for a while then a couple of 1lb chub just to change things a bit,and you guessed it essox trashed the peg nicking a few Dace but I wasn't bothered with trying to extract it so just fed till the swim came alive again....it was funny as the pike was laying under my keepnet digesting the last fish and I've no doubt clocking the fish in my net but it stayed there quiet till I left..........

5pm sounded all out as I was making supper today so weighed my few samples for just over 8lb so I was happy with some fish to keep me bizzy.........

The famed Fordingbridge Park pegs are just downstream of the town bridge you can see and although very shallow I could see a few clonker Roach for another time perhaps with the chesties ......

anyway enjoyed a quick session for a few silvers.

Gazza
Hardcore Addict

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Re: Fordingbridge River Avon Dace session

Postby sharpey » 27 Sep 2017, 07:28

Darned predators eh..??!! Spoiling a great swim...again,( yawn...) looks a beautiful area, autumn colours making it even better. Some quality fish too, bet that trout put a right bend in your rod..!!! Well done mate..!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
There's more to fishing than catching fish...
sandside assassin

Postby pros » 27 Sep 2017, 09:07

Great post as ever Gazza, thanks.
Hardcore Addict

Postby liphook » 27 Sep 2017, 12:45

Looks lovely G and an ideal way to spend a few hours :thumb: Look at the tail on that trout! No wonder it went well
Hardcore Addict

Postby shacky » 27 Sep 2017, 18:44

Another Top session Gazza :clap: super fish and pictures. Well done :thumb: :gp:
<º))))><
Global Moderator

Return to Coarse and Carp