It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 01:58

Fordingbridge Chub River Avon.

General Coarse fishing and Carp forum.

Fordingbridge Chub River Avon.

Postby skatenchips » 10 Mar 2018, 15:51

After getting my 3o year old Tony Fordham Thames Feeder rod repaired with a 3oz Glass tip I
Decided on a Bread attack after some Roach but with the Avon peeing through all week and with more cold rain water anticipated I set up on the feeder with liquidised Bread and Punch....hoping really.

I cast 3 or 4 cage feeders full under some broken tree branches,but 1st bite sees this 3lb 1oz Chub
really went well in this tight swim,tween clutch and back winding It was exciting to get off the mark with a nice fish....

Little taps and I'm thinking minnows but begger me my 1st Gudgeon from the Avon....winter league favourites luv these little fish.

I had to get it in the right spot under the branches and when I did Chub were waiting,this 2lb 7oz effort
very welcome.

darkness came and I expected maybe an odd appearance from some redfins but not to be today...........

Gave up on The Roach so made some mash up and changed to 5lb line straight through with big bread baits on a 8,s hook.....
a good solid take on the rod saw this near 4lber all over the place,and lighting it up with my head torch made him worse, the rod was perfect though bending into the fishes lunges providing I gave line when needed...

Finished with one last Chub of 3lb 6oz to complete a nice afternoon session on the Avon with 4 Chub a few Dace and odd Gudgeon.

Gazza
Hardcore Addict

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Re: Fordingbridge Chub River Avon.

Postby pros » 10 Mar 2018, 16:41

Brilliant as ever, thanks Gazza.
Hardcore Addict

Postby liphook » 10 Mar 2018, 19:36

Lovely sport on a favourite river Gaz :thumb: I've got a few Fordham rods built on Conoflex and Sportex and believe Tony is still in the tackle trade as partner in Fordham and Wakefield
Hardcore Addict

Postby Shane ousby » 10 Mar 2018, 21:04

Your havin a good bit of fishing with the chub gazza,we'll in mate :clap: :clap: :thumb:
Tommorow is promised to no one...we plan...GOD laughs.
Hardcore Addict

Postby sharpey » 10 Mar 2018, 23:36

Top start to the year. Well done mate...[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji476][emoji476][emoji476]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
There's more to fishing than catching fish...
sandside assassin

Postby shacky » 12 Mar 2018, 23:33

Great winter session and some cracking chub :clap: Well Done Gazza :thumb: Top report as always :gp:
<º))))><
Global Moderator

Return to Coarse and Carp