It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 19:15

Flounders on the ribble 15-3-17

Northwest Sea fishing forum - Shore fishing catch reports for Lancashire, Cumbria, Blackpool, Fleetwood, Morecambe, Liverpool and Mersey, Cumbria & the Isle of man.

Flounders on the ribble 15-3-17

Postby Shane ousby » 15 Mar 2017, 21:52

The van was getting serviced today so what else can you do can't work with out the work horse so weather was pleasant sunny and warm mostly so I thought I will go fishing :fishing: :yeah2: so set off on foot to the mark I wanted to fish from on the ribble
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
when I got down to the mark I could hear the water running through at a rapid race of knots I. Could hear the water gushing round the buoys near we're I fished and debris.. from branches to grass leaf etc was ripping passed.i knew waste of time trying to fish for a while so let it pass take time to tackle up bait up have a drink then throw in..the gushing water round the buoys went quiet which told me things had slowed down a bit so plop in goes the gear..fishing one rod 2 hook flapper bait was lug and Mackey strips that stunk :crazy: nothing happened for the first hour but as we got into the second hour bang fish on
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
I had 7 flounders up to high then thing went quiet so I thought better move all my kit to the higher bank as it was 8 and a half meter tide I am normally off by 8 at the most... but waders on I was happy to fish till it turned .high was about 12.45
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
tide turned and I fished the run out this fished really well gave me five more fish
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
anyway the time had come to wrap it up 1430 the tide was running out fast .all in all I was happy with my lot and what a great day all round could not complain at all a great day flattie bashin on the ribble .phone went vans ready for pick up timed that just right
image.jpg
image.jpg
:thumb: one thing I will add half way through the session I changed to circle hooks size1/0
image.jpg
as the flounder we're taking the hooks really down after changing to circle hooks they were all lip hooked which was far better
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Last edited by Shane ousby on 18 Mar 2017, 11:13, edited 3 times in total.
Tommorow is promised to no one...we plan...GOD laughs.
Hardcore Addict

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Re: Flounders on the ribble 15-3-17

Postby tarmacduck » 15 Mar 2017, 22:13

Cracking report very interesting about the hooks
Everything is OK
Hardcore Addict

Postby rob f » 15 Mar 2017, 22:24

Great session and some cracking photos mate :clap: :clap: :clap:
2023 SPECIES HUNT
Dab, Whiting, 5 bearded rockling, Flounder, Thornback ray, Shanny, Silver eel, Doggie, Tub Gurnard, Coley, Pollock, Starry Smooth-hound, Plaice, Weever, Tope. Mackerel. Turbot. Dover sole.
mersey maestro

Postby skatenchips » 15 Mar 2017, 22:43

what a quality session mate,a lovely days flatty bashing,interesting hook change,do you use that hook removal through the gills method with your J hooks shane.........
that said,if the circles are saving having to do that then jobs a goodun.

Gazza
Hardcore Addict

Postby skatenchips » 15 Mar 2017, 22:43

what a quality session mate,a lovely days flatty bashing,interesting hook change,do you use that hook removal through the gills method with your J hooks shane.........

Gazza
Hardcore Addict

Postby pensioner pete » 15 Mar 2017, 23:27

Well done Shane good session and great pictures, thanks for the report.
Hardcore Addict

Postby shacky » 15 Mar 2017, 23:37

Great Muddy Expedition Shane :clap: Plenty of fishy pictures and a nice day for it :thumb: Top man :gp:
<º))))><
Global Moderator

Postby pros » 16 Mar 2017, 09:42

Great report Shane, nice day out.

I am going to give the circle hooks more of a try this year, I should be in Wales next week starting off with some flatty bashing ( if I can get this damn kitchen finished ), so we will see how it goes.
Hardcore Addict

Postby Shane ousby » 16 Mar 2017, 09:53

skatenchips wrote:what a quality session mate,a lovely days flatty bashing,interesting hook change,do you use that hook removal through the gills method with your J hooks shane.........

Gazza

No mate never used that method I've seen it done ,,,but the circles did the job mate :thumb:
Hardcore Addict

Postby Shane ousby » 16 Mar 2017, 10:02

pros wrote:Great report Shane, nice day out.

I am going to give the circle hooks more of a try this year, I should be in Wales next week starting off with some flatty bashing ( if I can get this damn kitchen finished ), so we will see how it goes.

I've had them a while pros but after yesterday I will use them more often I know baiting them up with worm is a begger at times :banghead: but try cutting a big lug in half then baiting needle them on keep your hook on a slight angle when your sliding your worm on....went very well ...I just gave some more time when I got a knock let the flattie hook it's self..then slowly reel in.just my method mate..... lads on here may do things different :thumb:
Last edited by Shane ousby on 16 Mar 2017, 20:32, edited 2 times in total.
Hardcore Addict

Next

Return to North West Sea Fishing Reports