It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 12:52

Fishing near Newquay in July

SouthWest Sea Fishing Forum - Covering Devon, Cornwall, Somerset and the Bristol Channel - Torquay, Plymouth, Falmouth, Penzance, Newquay

Fishing near Newquay in July

Postby burnley-steve » 01 Jun 2018, 23:20

Hi guys. Myself and the swmbo are coming down to sunny (hopefully) Cornwall to the above mentioned Newquay mid July. Just looking for marks that can throw up numbers rather than quality.

I am on holiday so happy to have a couple of hours fishing out small pollack, wrasse, mackies (the latter will be eaten though) and anything else that wants a piece of my bait. Essentially I am not looking to spend hours hanging out for the chance of a specimen, lots of fun :cheer: .

Beach marks would be great as the mrs can take a beach chair and sunbathe whilst i catch tea (maybe) but also a productive, not to precarious rock mark would be good too. She can go shopping in this case ;-)
Hardcore Addict

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Re: Fishing near Newquay in July

Postby shacky » 02 Jun 2018, 09:09

Now then Steve....It just so happens, we set up camp at Newquay on our Cornwall expedition. If you want to go on the beach take a surf board, because you have no chance with rod and line (only at night). So your Mrs will have to do some moon bathing :o ;)
There is an answer. You can park your car at Towan headland, let your wife loose on Fistral beach, with the surfers.
Go fish Towan head. There is a pathway around it. As you get towards the point, there is a big flat ledge (easy, comfy. But don't go there if it’s rough).
The fishing there was mental. Very deep water and my baits only hit bottom a few times. Black bream were taking it on the drop. No specimens, but plenty of them. Pouting and other rounds off the sea bed. You can also do some macky bashin’ With added garfish (use wool) and all the other summer fish. If your really brave, chuck a big bait pennel out there for some serious rod bending action.
Baitwise..take everything. Fish, Squid, Peeler Crab & Rag..will score best.
The rock marks produce some monster ballans. Hook ‘em and hold on..!. I floatfished rag & crab for them.
Good luck matey. I envy you, awesome fishing down there :thumb:
Check google earth map for locations.
<º))))><
Global Moderator

Postby burnley-steve » 03 Jun 2018, 19:38

Thanks for the reply Ian, you really have my appetite wet. \Do you have a link to the place you are telling me about, I can't seem to find it on google maps ???
Hardcore Addict

Postby shacky » 03 Jun 2018, 20:54

<º))))><
Global Moderator

Return to South West Sea Fishing Reports