It is currently 19 Mar 2024, 10:30

Fishing Behind the Power Station is now BANNED

General Coarse fishing and Carp forum.

Re: Fishing Behind the Power Station is now BANNED

Postby G1hak » 02 Aug 2013, 20:18

Yes the path around the side of the power station is a public right of way and is used quite regularly by walkers
Trainee Addict

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Postby gilly111 » 07 Sep 2013, 20:49

Fishing is NOT band it was a security scare a long time ago they stopped you fishing their
For a long time till things charmed down you can fish their if you can get on a spot
I fished last week no problem
Trainee Addict

Postby Blanko » 07 Sep 2013, 21:03

Fishing IS banned mate-they passed a bylaw a few months back. Theyve finished the period of 'educating ' anglers now apparently from what the Fisheries dept say and are now moving to prosecute anyone caught fishing. Five grand fines can be issued for fishing in a conservation area apparently. Its not been the most popular closure with many people but have a look round the site here, theres loads of posts/threads detailing the bylaw and no fishing area,it covers the entire outfall area completely.
2015 total : 26 sessions 188 fish
Species : Whiting,Codling,Dab,Flounder,Plaice,Dogfish,Bass,Eel,
King Of the Plaice
King Of the Plaice

Postby Paul » 07 Sep 2013, 22:23

Are you thinking of the north wall Gilly? The north wall is fine....

This is to do with the southern side of the harbour, including the power station outfalls.

As blanko says, if fishing on the south side you run the risk of a £5000 fine.
Solar powered fisherman

Postby Tim W » 02 May 2014, 22:26

I hear the wall behind the outfalls is to be sealed off whilst the Heysham 1 outfall is refurbished.
Trainee Addict

Postby mac » 30 Sep 2015, 08:45

Banned but not enforced apparently as it came to my attention that 75 were taken in one session by someone fishing behind the power station days ago (non brits I believe) . No wonder they're in such short supply this year
So what is the point of a ban if the useless :huan kerr: s that are supposed to be policeing it are too s**t scared of confronting them , call the proper authorities for back up and sort it .
(famous local match man)

Postby grumpyppops1 » 30 Sep 2015, 12:51

mac wrote:Banned but not enforced apparently as it came to my attention that 75 were taken in one session by someone fishing behind the power station days ago (non brits I believe) . No wonder they're in such short supply this year
So what is the point of a ban if the useless :huan kerr: s that are supposed to be policeing it are too s**t scared of confronting them , call the proper authorities for back up and sort it .

Here here mac ,we should get a vigilante group .exterminate bulgrhungarslaviachinkfish stealers got a ring to it :box: :box: :box: :giveup:
Hardcore Addict

Location: Bolton,the town without a sea(but very expensive trains)

Postby cosierat » 30 Sep 2015, 17:19

Sad thing is if we pop along to give some helpful and kindly advice and unfortunately a bit of tackle falls in the water or gets broken in the laws eyes we are the bad guys. Very very very sad but oh so true
2017 Species Hunt, Rockling, Flounder, Plaice, Whiting, Dab, Cod, Bass, Doggie, Tope, Eel, Starry
Hardcore Addict

Postby carpman » 22 Dec 2016, 09:54

cosierat wrote:Sad thing is if we pop along to give some helpful and kindly advice and unfortunately a bit of tackle falls in the water or gets broken in the laws eyes we are the bad guys. Very very very sad but oh so true

Have to prove you did it though just make sure your witnesses outnumber theirs
Hardcore Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Coarse and Carp